Colorado Springs by rv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Springs by rv

Anyone going to Colorado Springs by motorhome, 5th wheel, etc.? I'm planning on bringing mine.

Terry

We are makeing a run to Az. then to the IM. Got reservations at Garden Of The Gods camp ground. When you make the reservations with a credit card, they will bill the credit card for the full amount. I reserved 2 spots. They hit me for 603.00 at once. So they have my money for 5 months before we get there. Complained. Sorry, that is the way we do it. Oh yes, 31 foot travel trailer, 07 Dodge diesel. See you there.

Comment

OW!! That hurts. Thanks DieselJim. Of all the campgrounds suggested, we liked Garden of the Gods the best. Now I have reservations about making reservations there. High season rates. How many nights are you staying? We're probably staying for 3 nights (Wed. to Fri.) We have a 27 foot Class C motorhome.

Terry

Comment

Checking in Friday,June 28 and checking out July 5.

Comment

We are *thinking* about traveling there with our 5th wheel. I usually try to stay at the Air Force Academy Family Camp. If you are retired military or have military family in the Springs area, it is THE BEST RV site around. I have spent as many as three weeks there, you can't beat the price or the neighborhood!

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
            OW!! That hurts. Thanks DieselJim. Of all the campgrounds suggested, we liked Garden of the Gods the best. Now I have reservations about making reservations there. High season rates. How many nights are you staying? We're probably staying for 3 nights (Wed. to Fri.) We have a 27 foot Class C motorhome.

Terry
            Just got a e-mail from another person staying at Garden Of The Gods. Said spaces about sold out. If you are going to stay there, better get your reservation in.

Comment

Finally! After a miscue on the part of GOTG, I have made reservations for July 3-5. They had me down for the 5th to the 8th.

Terry

Comment

Dick
                Mountain Home, AR
                http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                  We are makeing a run to Az. then to the IM. Got reservations at Garden Of The Gods camp ground. When you make the reservations with a credit card, they will bill the credit card for the full amount. I reserved 2 spots. They hit me for 603.00 at once. So they have my money for 5 months before we get there. Complained. Sorry, that is the way we do it. Oh yes, 31 foot travel trailer, 07 Dodge diesel. See you there.
                  Jim..
                  Yes, that is the way they do it.. We stay there every year for the balloon festival over memorial day as well.. Nice park.. Nicest around there anyway.. We aren't too far.. About 75 driving miles but too far for me to commute every day.. We will be there in our American Eagle RV..
                  Ron Husak
                  Ron Husak
                  Conifer, CO
                  Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
                  63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

My wife and I hope to drive our house car ( that's what the title says, issued in 1952) if things work out. Staying in our friends place, free. Of course everyday we will bring it to the festivities. If we still have it then it will be for sale at the meet.

Comment

Giving it some thought myself but looking at State parks just west of the Springs. Trying to squeeze in some trout fishing too.

Comment

Originally posted by ronhusak View Post
                        Jim..
                        Yes, that is the way they do it.. We stay there every year for the balloon festival over memorial day as well.. Nice park.. Nicest around there anyway.. We aren't too far.. About 75 driving miles but too far for me to commute every day.. We will be there in our American Eagle RV..
                        Ron Husak
                        It was still a shock to see my account empty. Had they told me that was the way, I would have been prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                          It was still a shock to see my account empty. Had they told me that was the way, I would have been prepared.
                          Have you gotten confirmation of your reservation from GOTG? I asked for confirmation by email last Monday and have not received any yet.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
                            Have you gotten confirmation of your reservation from GOTG? I asked for confirmation by email last Monday and have not received any yet.

Terry
                            Got it the next day. Made the reservation about the first of March. Did it over the phone. Send them a e-mail asking for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X