SB Trans. seminar video is ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB Trans. seminar video is ready

I now have DVD copies available of the seminar to anyone who wants one.

Interesting production process...

We managed to extract the footage from the digital camcorder and create a disc. We tried to make copies on our PC, but it was taking about 1 1/2 hours for a 2 hr. video[xx(]

Called Staples, who said they'd make copies; $27 set-up fee, plus $4 more for ?????, plus $9.99 per copy... NYET.

Called Office Max, who said, sure, $4.99 per copy, no other fees... OK.

Went to Office Max with our disc... bimbette in the copy center said, "Whaa? We can't do that here"... asked the manager who said, "I don't know who told you that, we can't do it"

A little later we went to our local Best Buy, where we're frequent customers. Ran into Ryan from their "Geek squad" who's done enough work for me that we actually know each other. Told him of my dilemma, and he said, "Your new laptop could make your copies pretty easily!" Asked if I had it with me (it happens I did have it in the car) and said to bring it in. Turns it on, goes click-click-click and says, "There, I put an icon on your desktop- you're all set!" NO CHARGE!

Turns out my laptop contains a program called "Power 2 Go". I click on the icon, hit "copy disc", it says "insert subject disc", auto-loads the video; pops out, you select # of copies, it says "insert blank disc", auto-starts and burns a copy! That's the total process- so simple even I can do it! Takes about 9 minutes to burn a 2-hour copy[^]

A BIG THANKS to Ryan and a BIG PLUG to Best Buy!!

Here's the deal: The video is rough and unedited; you'll see shots of feet, glare, and a couple extreme close-ups of my finger on the lens[:I] There's inane chatter, unsteady filming, and a few boring stretches. I turned the camcorder off and on when the battery got low, when I went to clean parts, etc. This is NOT professional quality! Upside: Lots of good info and step-by-step footage of the process, including plenty of great explanation from very knowledgeable folks- Gord Richmond and Doc Garbareno are great teachers in this video, and are assisted by Tom Bredehoft and Phil Hendrickson; all of whom burned a lot of valuable Meet time seeing this job through to the end; they simply cannot be thanked- or appreciated- enough![^][^] (Story and pics coming to TW soon) Several SDC members pop in for cameo apperances.

Best part of the whole thing is, IMO it gives a good feel for what the job was like... I had a BALL- but then I did nothing but clean parts! I had such a good time getting to know some great folks, I'm trying to break something else so we can do it again at Lancaster!!

(Just kidding!!)

If you'd like a copy, let me have your mailing address and I'll get one off to you... if you want, send me 3 bucks for disc and shipping; if not, cast it on the floor and curse me. If you can't afford 3 bucks, or just don't wanna pay it, that's OK too

My e-mail: bams50@msn.com

I'm glad to share this with you all; hope you like it!

P.S. To Gord: Probably no one will get all the way to the end and see about the ketchup on your shirt.........

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

I'll send you a check Bob.[^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'll send you a check Bob.[^]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I want a copy, too. Especially since I missed a lot of it.

Do you take Paypal? I could send extra to cover their fees.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I want a copy, too. Especially since I missed a lot of it.

Do you take Paypal? I could send extra to cover their fees.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

For those of us who missed the seminar just what was it about?

Jeff DeWitt
            Jeff DeWitt
            http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Jeff DeWitt
              Jeff DeWitt
              http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

The transmission in "Molly" (Bams's Lark wagon) was rebuilt in South Bend.

Comment

The transmission in "Molly" (Bams's Lark wagon) was rebuilt in South Bend.

Comment

To those who want one, just send your mailing address; my address will be on the envelope.[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

To those who want one, just send your mailing address; my address will be on the envelope.[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

As noted, the tranny was "Molly's" but we're not all that familiar with her. So to be more specific, I looked up the SB post and it was a rebuild of a T-86 manual transmission.

Best Regards,
                        Eric West
                        "The Speedster Kid"
                        Sunny Northern California
                        Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
                        And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
                        55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
                        55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)
                        Best Regards,
                        Eric West
                        "The Speedster Kid"
                        And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

As noted, the tranny was "Molly's" but we're not all that familiar with her. So to be more specific, I looked up the SB post and it was a rebuild of a T-86 manual transmission.

Best Regards,
                          Eric West
                          "The Speedster Kid"
                          Best Regards,
                          Eric West
                          "The Speedster Kid"

Comment

I would like to get a copy, I insist on paying. Do you take paypal? I would also like to cover the mailing cost, give me a final price and I will send the bux.

Comment

I would like to get a copy, I insist on paying. Do you take paypal? I would also like to cover the mailing cost, give me a final price and I will send the bux.

Comment

Working...
                              X