Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How rare are the 2 door wagons really? I have a 59 and am thinking of letting it go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How rare are the 2 door wagons really? I have a 59 and am thinking of letting it go!

It's funny about owning a Studebaker. I got a 51 Regal State Commander Starlight Coupe last Summer, and just Since then Have amassed a quite large accumulation of other Studebakers and parts. 59 2 Dr lark 8 wagon, 59 Lark 8 regal 4 DR. 62 hawk, and a mountain of parts. The Commander though I've always loved the body may end up being sold a well as with everything I have that's Studebaker and related. Just wondering if anyone is interested in a bundle type sale. My commander is real nice with a clean title in My name. The other cars are Bill of Sale though I am in process of titling the 62 Hawk. Anyone have any input?

~Patrick Sammon in Sedro Woolley Washington State.
    Last edited by hausdok; 03-31-2013, 08:26 AM.
    Patrick Sammon

I don't know what the market really is, there is a 59 Lark 2 dr wagon, daily driver in the Atlanta craigslist that has been there for a while at $4800.00

Comment

More information about the 59 wagon would be good. Condition, optional equipment, transmission type, and such. It's hard to place a value on something that we know very little about.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Patrick, I have seen your Pics of the 2 1959 Larks on your (Blog?).
        They both appear to be top of the line Regals, and '59 was the only year that Lark 2 Door Wagons were built in Regal Trim making a GOOD one quite rare.

The problem is living up here in the Great Northwest if Cars are left outside there is not enough of the "Regal" parts left or the Car either to matter.
        All of my Parts Cars look about like yours, only good for Mechanical parts.

When you have a Restored, running, driving, stopping Car that looks sharp inside and out, the value will be as high as the person who desires it will pay.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

True Rich, I will just buy a nice stocker or restored car next time around. Restoring a car is a ton of work and pricey! Heck I have over $15000 in My 1966 F100. I did do a rotisserie resto on the entire frame and running gear and left the body original. I just turned the odometer to 5000 miles last weekend and did the restore 7 years ago! I have a question for You Rich!!! Where exactly is the Tach sending unit on My 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk? Thanks so much for You input rich! Your info in invaluable as always! Happy Easter!

~Patrick Sammon
          Patrick Sammon

Comment

If You guys care to look the 59 wagon and lark are in My profile picures.
            Patrick Sammon

Comment

The sending unit is on the left kick panel up high under the dash.
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich!
                Patrick Sammon

Comment

Patrick, I want to thank you for making me aware of some of the features I was not even aware that we have on this Forum.
                  You must have a good familiarity with Websites and Forums, because with over 13,000 Posts I have never seen that "Album" function with Pics and also NEVER seen anyone use it! Also I see there are many other neat functions most of us never use or never found.

It's funny just yesterday a long time poster mentioned that we never got our "Forum upgrade", that would certainly be something we do not need, this one is BEYOND Great, and used by many other Car Groups and Car Clubs.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Anytime I can be of service!
                    Patrick Sammon

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

It's funny just yesterday a long time poster mentioned that we never got our "Forum upgrade", that would certainly be something we do not need, this one is BEYOND Great, and used by many other Car Groups and Car Clubs.
                      I believe what you are referring to was an SDC website upgrade, not a forum upgrade.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Does the 59 have a good windshield? Tailgate? fenders? How much rust on both the 58/9?
                        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          Patrick, I want to thank you for making me aware of some of the features I was not even aware that we have on this Forum.
                          You must have a good familiarity with Websites and Forums, because with over 13,000 Posts I have never seen that "Album" function with Pics and also NEVER seen anyone use it! Also I see there are many other neat functions most of us never use or never found.

Rich many of us have used that album feature, it's just a feature one have to hunt for if you happen to look at a members PROFILE. I have a few in mine. However I've found the members Studebaker forum a better choice to showcase vehickes
                          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X