Wagon cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagon cover?

I was just looking at this guy's photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carphot...7617426170197/ and was curious if there actually was a cover for the cargo area as shown? I wasn't aware this was a common accessory back in the day.

Hey Leo,
    There was a cover available but was just a square sheet with attachments around the perimeter.
    What you see hear is a modern retractable unit that fit without alteration.
    It works well, glad you like it.
    Bill
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

good to hear from the source! How'd you get such a color match and was that just a generic wagon cover you bought?

Comment

Decided one day to try the fit of the retractable cover from our 96 Roadmaster, aka The Whale, into the Wagonaire, it
        fit perfect. It is also easily removed so I can still use it in the Roadmaster when necessary.

Bill
        Bill Foy
        1000 Islands, Ontario
        1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
          Decided one day to try the fit of the retractable cover from our 96 Roadmaster, aka The Whale, into the Wagonaire, it
          fit perfect. It is also easily removed so I can still use it in the Roadmaster when necessary.

Bill
          So, is it some sort of tension fit on the sides, with the end clipping into the back gate wherever you can attach?

Comment

Working...
          X