1964 Station Wagon wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Station Wagon wiring harness

I am looking for a wiring harness for my "64 Station wagon.
    It's a fixed roof, V/8 and auto transmission car with the single headlamps (one each side, for the wise guys!)
    If it makes any difference it's a Canadian built car.

The numbers I find in the parts catalog are #1561445 for the chassis harness and part #1561545 for the tail lamp harness.

I'm sorta concerned about the listing as there isn't any different listing asking if its a two or four headlamp system.

Am I missing another harness listed someplace else? Or did Studebaker use one harness for both?

I checked Studebaker International website and no listing (but said they have to be made) and no price.

Does anyone happen to have one, or both of these parts?

I am determined to have this car running and driving by the end of summer, hopefully.
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

According to the 2012 Studebaker International Catalog [pages 222 and 223] The Front Harness # 1561445 is $250 and the Rear Harness [manual tailgate] is #1561543 $85 and [Electric tailgate] is #1565053 $118.
    I imagine they are made for 4 headlights and you just ignore the extra wires.
    I suggest you contact Jim Lime (jim@studebaker-intl.com and Jim will be able to advise what you require and total cost to get it to you.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Why not talk to THEE wiring guys, Carl and Herman Thoms of Studebakers West? Pretty sure they make the harnesses for SI, and they have more pieces available than just what they list. I'm sure they can answer your questions.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Aren't the Dual Headlights complete with dual wires that terminate into only one connector on each side of the Car at the baffles behind the headlights?

That would make the Main V8 or 6 Harness universal, I know they have plugs for both horns, whether or not the Car has 2 and a connector for Overdrive on all harnesses.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the information. I didn't get a catalog from S.I last year , so I checked on line.
          Thank you for the info and I will check with the guys at Studebaker West.
          Last edited by Orestudeguy; 03-30-2013, 09:22 AM.
          George King
          Grants Pass, Oregon
          64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Working...
          X