Im back !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im back !!!!!!!

This is my first time being on here in a while because i've been golfing and other things but now i've looked at my poor sad lark and im starting back on it.Recently i put four pistons in and got the crankshaft in and the motor detailed and it looks pretty good factory colors.

Cool! Welcome back to the fold!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Good to have you back Josh! I remember you from the International Meet in South Bend at the Century Center.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Golfing? You gotta have the balls to do that. And when you're done with your woods and your irons, you're just out time and money. But put some of that time and money in your Lark, and you'll have vintage iron that'll GIVE you wood!
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

maybe tomorrow we can finish putting the bottom end togather. then we need to lap the rest of the valves in and we are ready to put the heads back on. Shouldn't be long before we crank'er up.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

So...,Josh! By my calculation, based upon your last previous post in October, you've been golfing nonstop for five months? !!! After all that practice I would hope your score approaches Neil's age.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I do hope you're able to put in the other 2 or 4 pistons in the block so it'll run better

Comment

You are bad,does the wood move ? <GGG>
                Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                Golfing? You gotta have the balls to do that. And when you're done with your woods and your irons, you're just out time and money. But put some of that time and money in your Lark, and you'll have vintage iron that'll GIVE you wood!
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Josh, I am still mystified as to why You did not post to this thread within the allotted time with Your age and state whether or not You are a current SDC Member. IFcurrent SDC Membership in your name, I would have gladly given You a "Gift Certificate" for a FREE 1 year Student/Young Adult SDC Membership. As it was, not even one 1 qualified (24 or under) non-current SDC member posted there and took advantage of my offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                    Josh, I am still mystified as to why You did not post to this thread http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...de-Young-Folks within the allotted time with Your age and state whether or not You are a current SDC Member. IF …You do not hold a current SDC Membership in your name, I would have gladly given You a "Gift Certificate" for a FREE 1 year Student/Young Adult SDC Membership. As it was, not even one 1 qualified (24 or under) non-current SDC member posted there and took advantage of my offer.
                    I posted on Josh's behalf.(post# 23) Doe's that count?
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                      I posted on Josh's behalf.(post# 23) Doe's that count?
                      Sorry, no that did not count, but thank you for your informative post to that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
                        I do hope you're able to put in the other 2 or 4 pistons in the block so it'll run better
                        All 8 pistons are in the block. only 4 are attatched to the Crankshaft yet. We were working on it when we realized we were supposed to be somewhere else!
                        We didn't make it to the shop today. We had to take the day off and help with a project for Josh's Mom today. Gotta keep the Ladies happy Ya' know.

Tomorrow is Easter so we probably won't get anything done then either. Maybe we can get'er done Monday after school.
                        Neil Thornton

Comment

I Picked Josh up after school today and we his "Short Block" done today. Got all the pistons tied to the crank. All the bearing caps on and the rear main seal installed. Josh is getting a lot of hands on experience. I got a valve seat resurfacing machine in a trade awhile back and finally found someone to teach me how to use it. Josh and I have reground all the seats but still have to lap in the valves. I let him spin the Stick with the suction cups on 2or3 before I told him we could do it with an electric drill motor.
                          I think we lack 6 more valves and we'll be ready to install the heads. Josh is "Chompin' at the bit" ready to "Git'er Done!"
                          Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                          X