First post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post

Well this is my first post on this forum, I'm new here I used to be a member of SDC, but let my membership lapse after about 20 years. I guess I just needed a break, I bought my first Stude in 1986. Grade 11, a 1956 PowerHawk. Since then I have also owned a 1962 Lark 2door sedan, 1964 Daytona 4 door, and two 1964 Daytona convertibles. All are gone but my first, she still sits in my shop waiting to be driven once again. It's been about 2 years. Just lost interest after years of work, meets, car shows etc, I wanted a newer sports car (which I now have) however as I work on my sports car, the old girl sits beside me and we'll I can't help but I miss driving it. So I think I want to do a couple of things, first I would like a 1953 front end, fiberglass will do but as of yet I have not been able to source one, as well as everything that I will need to perform the swap. Can anybody guide me as to a good supplier of said parts?
    I would like to start working on my car again soon.
    Thanks everyone

Greetings, Alex.

Good to hear from you again! I remember your Strato Blue '64 convertible well.

Craig

Comment

Hey Alex, welcome to the forums! I'm afraid I'm not use to you on the search for those parts, but I think you'll find what you need soon. It's amazing how quickly people find the parts they need on this site.

If you get a chance, you should post a few pictures of the old girl. I for one would like to see what you're starting point looks like
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and back to the SDC!
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

I believe these folks come to the York meet at times...

64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Welcome back to the SDC fold, Axle. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Now that you've posted you will find this place is like eating potato chips. You'll keep coming back for more.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Not so much eating potato chips as crossing the event horizon of a black hole. You can try to get away, but you keep getting sucked back in. When I left for a few months, I found myself drawn back by unexplained forces, as well as a bunch of nice folks who said they missed me.

For the record, this is one of the friendliest forums out there. A bunch of people are getting cabin fever right now, so don't judge them by that. In a month or so when the weather is nice and car show season is getting started, we'll all be happy as clams.
                '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Nice to be back, I will post some pictures

Comment

Hmmm did I buy it from you cuz I have searched and for the life of me can't remember, sorry about that.
                    i wish I would have finished that car sold it to somebody in Winnipeg, wonder if it every was finished, I put a ton of work into the car and money, they got a great deal, ahh to go back in time.

Comment

Working...
                    X