Fat Tires and frame measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Tires and frame measurements

I am doing drawing board stuff while trying to track down the owner of a 2R5 and a 3R5 a few miles from my house. If I am able to get them (they are a little rough and the owner likely has an elevated value in mind) I would like to see wiiiiide tires under there but need to do some work-up on the specifics. I have been looking for a schematic or diagram with frame measurements, wheel opening lip to lip so I can get quotes on frame and rearend narrowing, wheels and tires. I believe in the elevated value thing because here in rural North Carolina these one time diamonds in the rough have been sitting for a long time. I was recently quoted $1000 apiece for a pair of 59 Caddies with see through body panels that are really worth about $10 a hundred pounds. I am not about getting something for nothing just to flip it. This is my first undertaking and if I really mess something up I am not out a ton of money for something in really good condition.

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully one of the 2R owners on the forum will chime in.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

John,
      What part of NC are you from?
      There's a lot of active SDC members that can get you a Ccab (what a 2R and 3R are called in Stude lingo) to measure up.
      There are even some truck data point drawings out there...
      You are not alone in your quest.
      Jeff
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I am a few miles outside Hickory. And thanks.

Comment

Thanks Pat.

Comment

Working...
          X