flasher wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: flasher wiring

I have a 55 champion and am in the process of putting the wiring back together the previous owner destroyed. I am working on the turn signals and with the key in the accessory position both leads of the flasher are hot. If i move the turn signal lever for either left or right turn signal the load side of the flasher dims but i still have to turn signal. Is this the way the flasher should work. I think my real problem is in the brake light wiring as I replaced all the wiring to the front of the car. I connected the two terminals from the brake light switch but still have no brake lights so is this also causing me to have no turn signals also. Thanks to all those who have helped me so far getting this beast back together.

Also is there a trick to getting the horn button back into the steering wheel without the o-ring being pushed all the way up.

Thanks,
    Lee

This is a tough one not knowing what mistakes the FO made.

The wire from the Stop Light Switch that does NOT come from the fused power at the insulator board where the Flasher Unit is, MUST go to the Turn Signal Switch, so that it can sort out IF the T/S Lever is in Neutral for (2) Stop lights or L or R for (1) Stop and one Flashing Power from the Flasher.

That is as Non-Tech as it can be explained! I hope it helps.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
    X