Need Exhaust manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Exhaust manifolds

Just discovered I have a crack on the drivers side manifold. My car is a 1964 daytona with a 289. The crack is only 3/4 inch. With spring around the corner, I need to fix it soon. Any tips as were I can get a pair. New would be preferred, but used could work. Any tips on getting 49 year bolts out?
    Thanks
    Boehm

Steve, I sent you a pm.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by Boehm View Post
      Any tips on getting 49 year bolts out? Thanks Boehm
      lots of soaking time with PB Blaster would be my first choice.

i'm not saying to do this - but i remember Dad welding a similar crack in a exhaust manifold in the 60's. it held up for as long we had the car (several years). he did remove it from the car first...
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Steve, can you send me your email address. Thanks.
        Originally posted by Boehm View Post
        Just discovered I have a crack on the drivers side manifold. My car is a 1964 daytona with a 289. The crack is only 3/4 inch. With spring around the corner, I need to fix it soon. Any tips as were I can get a pair. New would be preferred, but used could work. Any tips on getting 49 year bolts out?
        Thanks
        Boehm
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

On my 64 I was able to get to some of the bolts through the gap in the inner fender after I jacked the car up and took the wheel off. I hammered the socket on and used an impact on the ones that wouldn't come off by hand. Most of them had just rusted to the manifold. PB blaster does help too.

Comment

Manifolds are no problem I have lots.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Hey, Bob? Not that I really need one, but since I'm going twin exhaust, would you happen to have a period 4 bbl and intake manifold for my 55 259? (Just one more upgrade and it''l be great....OK just one more...and one more).
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                Hey, Bob? Not that I really need one, but since I'm going twin exhaust, would you happen to have a period 4 bbl and intake manifold for my 55 259? (Just one more upgrade and it''l be great....OK just one more...and one more).
                Yes I do how many do you want?? can bring to South Bend also.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

I just need a rebuildable 4bbl carb (or better if you have one) and the manifold. PM me with a price and I'll meet you in South Bend. Hoping to keep it close to stock so one day it might qualify to get on the track at the PSMCD's (lol). Cheers.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                  X