Pop Quiz: ID this Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Quiz: ID this Engine

We haven't had a Pop Quiz for awhile, so let's see who can research this and be the first to correctly answer all five questions below this photograph:

Questions about the above engine:

What make is the engine?

2. How many cubic inches does it displace?

3. In what car is it sitting?

4. Where did it last run? (city and state OR place; either is OK)

5. What is the exact month, day, and year it last ran?

Question #5 is likely going to be the make-or-break on this, but the answer has been published in Turning Wheels within the last two years, so it is a fair question. (I.e., you don't have to "know" anybody to answer it.)

The first person to post correct answers to all five questions wins their choice of:

1. Two NOS Studebaker Red Ball Stationery Envelopes, unused

OR

A copy of the 1962 Lark Daytona Indianapolis 500 Pace Car mailer I had reprinted last year.

Happy Research and Happy Posting! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

A Stude V8 sitting in the legendary Chicken Hawk. I could look for the other awnsers, but I'll leave that to someone else.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
      A Stude V8 sitting in the legendary Chicken Hawk. I could look for the other awnsers, but I'll leave that to someone else.
      There you go, everyone; StudeBob has just donated two out of five for starters! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

1. What make is the engine? Studebaker

2. How many cubic inches does it displace? More than the 232 that originally came in that car - 289 + overbore

3. In what car is it sitting? the famous Chicken Hawk

4. Where did it last run? (city and state OR place; either is OK) Muncie Dragway

5. What is the exact month, day, and year it last ran? May 9, 2009
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post

1. What make is the engine? Studebaker

2. How many cubic inches does it displace? More than the 232 that originally came in that car - 289 + overbore

3. In what car is it sitting? the famous Chicken Hawk

4. Where did it last run? (city and state OR place; either is OK) Muncie Dragway

5. What is the exact month, day, and year it last ran? May 9, 2009
          'Gotta have a specific number for #2, Paul, or it wouldn't be fair. Everything else is correct, so maybe guess at a number based on what you know before somebody else remembers! BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            'Gotta have a specific number for #2, Paul, or it wouldn't be fair. Everything else is correct, so maybe guess at a number based on what you know before somebody else remembers! BP
            My TW collection is 1700 miles from me, but I seem to recall it being around 312cid...

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

1. sTUDEBAKER
              2. 299 CID
              3. THE FAMOUS CHICKEN HAWK
              4. MUNCIE DRAGWAY
              5. MAY 9, 2009
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
                1. sTUDEBAKER
                2. 299 CID
                3. THE FAMOUS CHICKEN HAWK
                4. MUNCIE DRAGWAY
                5. MAY 9, 2009
                BINGO, Evan; you got 'em all!

Do you want the Pace Car mailer or OEM stationery?

Is your address still:

RR5 Site 14 Comp 108
                Prince Albert SK S6V 5R3
                Canada

(That's in the most recent SDC Roster.)

Congratulations. BP

Comment

Thats the correct address, and i'd love a Pace Car Mailer. Thanks! Evan
                  Evan Davis
                  Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
                    That's the correct address, and I'd love a Pace Car Mailer. Thanks! Evan
                    You got it, Evan. It will go in the mail Tuesday, March 26. BP

Comment

I love these contests!! Thanks to BP for doing this regularly. I always learn something. It's a good way to pass on info to us "youngsters".

At 44 years old I figure I'll be driving the hawk around for another 30-40 years (God-Willing and Sunshine!).
                      sigpic
                      1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Working...
                      X