Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you think this car is worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you think this car is worth?

Im looking to sell my 63 cruiser so I can buy an R1 289 and trans for my Hawk. The car has a 289 v8 2bbl and runs like a top, has 90k on the odometer, automatic trans shifts well, power steering, vanity, lay back split bench that folds into a bed, everything seems to work including the radio. Now for the bad: the car has rusted holes in the front floor boards, typical fender rust through, rocker panels need replacing, brakes are bad but does stop the car (I will be working on fixing this issue). This car would make a good project that someone could get into for cheap. It runs drives and is titled. Originally I was going to pull the cruisers drive train to drop into my hawk, but changed my plans as I think the car is too nice to part out. I have some pics below from when I bought it and will get more pics as soon as the snow melts a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00046-20110529-1852.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1738357Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00047-20110529-1852.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1738358Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00048-20110529-1852.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1738359Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00049-20110529-1853.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1738360Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00050-20110529-1853.jpg
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1738361Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00052-20110529-1853.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1738362Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00053-20110529-1854.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1738363Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00054-20110529-1854.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1738364Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00055-20110529-1854.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1738365Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00367-20120714-1841.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1738366

I was thinking of asking 1200 for the car, but am unsure what it is worth. What do you guys think? If your interested please ping me.
    Thanks,
    Sam

I would be interested in looking at it for that price. Do I recall correctly that you are located near St. Cloud? Let me know when I could come take a look. Thanks, Brent
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yep I am in St. Cloud. You can stop by anytime during the weekends.

Comment

She's a rusty girl, but not terrible. If I were still in Minnesota, I'd be interested at that price, especially considering the 289 and subsequent drivetrain. Living 400ish miles away, I don't have the money to transport it right now, and I'd be scared as heck to try and drive it that far in its present state.
        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

You know with a hot carb and a dual exaust set, this would make a really fun sleeper. If I was in the market for a lark, I could see going for this little thing. If I bought it I would stop all the rust before it spread any further,fix the floors however I could, pretty up the body, all it really need is a front fender and some rockers, even if you used some improper methods, you wouldn't normally do, better that than see a relitively high option lark get scrapped.At this price it could still be a decent driver for the right person. If some one wanted to restore a four door lark, this would be a good place to start too, or if someone wanted to get into the hobby but couldn't afford a rust free car, this would be perfect.
          PS If you have the cash I would jump all over that R1 before somone else gets it.
          Good luck

Comment

Yeah I contacted the guy about the R1 motor to discuss shipping prices. It will cost around $380 to ship to MN. He also filled me in on a few details about the motor. He claims it ran very well when removed from the car and also has 80k on it. I told him I will contact him later today when I can figure out weather I can make this purchase with the savings I have. It really sounds like a good deal and am getting excited about it.

My brother is also interested in the Cruiser, but I would rather see someone here buy it as my bro has a reputation of neglecting his cars to the point that they end up being scrapped. I would love to have been able to throw dual exhaust on it and have a 4 bbl and intake that would work on it. It would make a mean little sleeper, but I need to move the car before my mom does lol. Hopefully this all works out and the Cruiser ends up in a good home and I end up with a R1

Comment

even if you used some improper methods, you wouldn't normally do, better that than see a relitively high option lark get scrapped.
              The infamous Dick Datson method of laying fibreglas over the rusty floor will git 'er done for a few years. Then the rust will have spread up the door posts and the car will split horizontally.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

One like that just sold here a few months back for about 2k but it had little rust. I think what you are asking is a fair price
                1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                  The infamous Dick Datson method of laying fibreglas over the rusty floor will git 'er done for a few years. Then the rust will have spread up the door posts and the car will split horizontally.

jack vines
                  Give all that rust a BATH in POR 15, then lay some fiberglass on it, it'll never rust again.

Comment

this car looks just like most of the cars we saw in the New England in the late 60's/70's......I find it pleasantly familiar. Price is right !

Comment

Working...
                    X