I want to buy an Avanti Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to buy an Avanti Convertible

I'm wanting a convertible Avanti. I found a nice one on Ebay but it turned out to be a scam. I would travel almost anywhere on the East coast to get a nice one. Anyone know of one for sale. Thanks.

Was that an '89 that was listed a couple of weeks ago?
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
      I'm wanting a convertible Avanti. I found a nice one on Ebay but it turned out to be a scam. I would travel almost anywhere on the East coast to get a nice one. Anyone know of one for sale. Thanks.
      Yes I have a friend that wants to sell his now. It's in western PA.
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

IF ...you don't mind that a previous owner was a monkey, here's a bullet-proof Avanti convertible for you: http://www.collectorcarads.com/Avanti-Convertible/46936

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
          IF ...you don't mind that a previous owner was a monkey, here's a bullet-proof Avanti convertible for you: http://www.collectorcarads.com/Avanti-Convertible/46936
          That's pretty funny! You weren't kidding about the monkey! There is a late model Avanti in the garage in one of the photos also.

Comment

Looks like a nice car other than the (I'm guessing) later wheel/tire combo that doesn't seem to fit the wheelwells.
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I have a buddy in Reno, NV who has one which he bought from new with only 35.000mls on it, mint car, if you are interested Pm me for his cell or he might chine in on this thread, he is a Forum member.
              Brian Greenall
              Melbourne, OZ
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, That was the '89. I'd like to find one on the East coast at least. I have a '63 but want a convertible little brother for it.

Comment

Buck

If you can find a really nice one out west at a good price, I personally would not let that stand in the way. Cheap flight to where ever, drive it home. Neat trip and probably only a few hundred more than a trip to the east coast.

Just saying, because I'll bet most of the 'verts and particularly most the better ones are out there.

One in LA http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...626179924.html

Bob
                  Last edited by sweetolbob; 03-24-2013, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X