Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helping you feel better about Studebaker prices....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping you feel better about Studebaker prices....

...is this totally "ununique" 1962 Galaxie Town Sedan for $3,800:

http://classiccars.com/listings/view...m_medium=email

....one of a whopping 174,195 made of that specific model. I like 1962 Fords as much as the next guy (I actually do), but geeze, Louise:

What $3,800 would buy in an interesting Studebaker sedan of the era, and probably in twice as good condition to boot! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Never one of my favorites, but there are probably lots of people who had one in their family ago that would like to have it. The people I rented from years ago had a black one. It was about 15 years old when I first saw it and they drove it everywhere.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'm guessing 52-fan hits the nail on the head: how many folks are wanting the car their family had in 1962 ? Did Studebaker build 50K 4 door Larks in 1962 ? If so, I'd do some jiffy math and predict that for every 1962 Lark wanna be..there are 3 Galaxie wanna be's....

Comment

Aww come on Bob it must be a steal.....look at this one: http://classiccars.com/listings/view...lifornia-91302
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Bob, my pal had one of these that his Dad gave him. We made a few trips back and forth from Tn. to Tx. in it, and lots of other "side" trips too ! It was such a good, non-descript, un-assuming, always started, never missed, decent mileage, totally dependable car. His was white with a red cloth interior. Lots of good times in that old thing, and we both thought it was just butt-ugly, ha ! His next car was a 4 speed, ram air, 69 Cobra Jet 428 Mustang Mach 1. Quite a diff, huh ? He still has both...........if only I had been so wise.....

Comment

Working...
          X