driver door fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: driver door fit

On my 63 Lark Daytona, the driver side door does not fit due to previous owner had some welding done without correcting the body sag.
    I was told the entire rusted floor (it is gone and I have new panels front to rear) needs replaced before I do a body off restore or the doors will not fit correctly. How do I get the driver side door to fit correct?
    The body support from the frame at the A pillar is completely rusted away and I have a new replacement, but can not replace with the body on.
    Which comes first? Fix the gap on the door opening or add the frame to body support.
    Does anyone know a good Studebaker Lark body person in South Bend Indiana?

Is it a hardtop?
    Give us the number on the tag under the hood on the passenger side.
    I have a 1962 and 63 hardtop body.
    Robert kapteyn
    studebaker@mac.com

Comment

I would jack the body untill you get your door fit right. Then weld in steel baceing, double check my door fit. Then lift the body off the frame. Now you can weld everything up and remove baces when done. The baces will hold everything where it should be untill the body is back in shape.

Comment

As in home construction, You need to start with a solid foundation and build up from there. There's really no other way to do the job that You're describing, and be happy with the end result.

Comment

It is a hardtop. I will try jacking to make door fit and then weld braces before proceeding.
          Thank you.
          Stude Sam I am

Comment

Working...
          X