V8 Block number, ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Block number, ID

Engine block number P67549, is it 289 cu, circa 1958-59? and engine block YCN 303, Is that truck 232 cu, circa 1954? I have had these quite a while and am not sure as to cu and date, chassis manual placed former as posible '58-59 but have nothing on VCN 303 leading me to belive truck.. Ken, Deltaville, Va

--------------------------Thanks to both of you, P67549 is in working car; VCN 303 is a bare block held in case needed. "C" means Canada, maybe that's why folks think my Avantis were built in Canada?? Ken
    Last edited by ken-renda; 03-15-2013, 11:07 AM.

Ken: P67549 would be a 1958 model year 289 V8.

VCN303 is a 1964 model year 259 engine from a Candian-production car. Built December 3, 1963. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

One really obvious clue that VCN303 was not a 232, or even pre-late '62, is the Full Flow Filter, and it should have Valve Covers with Oil Caps.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        One really obvious clue that VCN303 was not a 232, or even pre-late '62, is the Full Flow Filter, and it should have Valve Covers with Oil Caps.
        Not if it is a "bare block" as described <G>.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You mean "Bare Blocks" of this vintage would have to be worked to incorporate full flow???
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Not if it is a "bare block" as described <G>.
            You don't think the Mounting Pad for the Full Flow would be visible on a Bare Block, Gary?

It also appears Gary that you have "twisted" the term "Block" in the ORIGINAL Post to mean "Bare Block", just say-in !
            Last edited by StudeRich; 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
              You mean "Bare Blocks" of this vintage would have to be worked to incorporate full flow???
              No, I mean that there is no place for oil caps on a bare block.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                You don't think the Mounting Pad for the Full Flow would be visible on a Bare Block, Gary?

It also appears Gary that you have "twisted" the term "Block" in the ORIGINAL Post to mean "Bare Block", just say-in !
                No, I mean that there is no place for oil caps on a bare block.
                The original post did, and still does, state: "bare block".

From original post: "Thanks to both of you, P67549 is in working car; VCN 303 is a bare block held in case needed. "C" means Canada, maybe that's why folks think my Avantis were built in Canada?? Ken
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                X