New 53 - 61 Stude Quarters Purchased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 53 - 61 Stude Quarters Purchased

I ponied up and ordrred two pair of quarters today. They are available for early order. Due in mid to late May. You can order by calling Tony at Goodmark toll free at 877 477 3577 ext 5069. Spread the word. Remember the more parts the aftermarket world makes for the Stude the more those cars along the fence line are worth and maybe more will be saved.

Regards,

Jon Kammer

How much did they cost, each?
    Bo

Comment

Two things I forgot. $489.95 each plus shipping. The other thing was to thank Steve Tomblin from Goodmark and all others involved.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
        How much did they cost, each?
        I would have thought 25 cents each?
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Lou,

I get the hummor. I forgot the Studebaker world does not call them "quarter panels" they are REAR FENDERS, my bad. I am hoping that there is enough positive feedback from Stude owners to promp further part development like front fenders, door skins, inner door bottom, etc.

Jon Kammer

Comment

Yeah me too. They should start a kickstart account for this effort. Even though I don't currently need any sheet metal for Dorothy, I would gladly contribute to a kickstart to develop front Fenders, doors, etc...
            sigpic
            1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

I'm not one with such needs,but think many would surface that do !in the least even if front fender "rear portion patch panels were made for sale". I'm talking a panel that looks just like a factory fender was cut off in the back and offered for sale"both inner and outer peices spot welded together and fit like origionals" you could punch a stagger in the patch and slip it behind the origional fender.
              Originally posted by 3x2stude View Post
              Lou,

I get the hummor. I forgot the Studebaker world does not call them "quarter panels" they are REAR FENDERS, my bad. I am hoping that there is enough positive feedback from Stude owners to promp further part development like front fenders, door skins, inner door bottom, etc.

Jon Kammer
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                I'm not one with such needs,but think many would surface that do !in the least even if front fender "rear portion patch panels were made for sale". I'm talking a panel that looks just like a factory fender was cut off in the back and offered for sale"both inner and outer peices spot welded together and fit like origionals" you could punch a stagger in the patch and slip it behind the origional fender.
                Back when front fenders were plentiful and inexpensive, we made patch panel sections by cutting a fender at the top of the wheel opening and flanging the joint.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Un-used, fiberglass C/K front fenders are still common at Stude swap meets, but there does not seem to be much interest in them. I snagged a set a year or so ago for about $300 total. I have seen a couple of sets installed. I think they look as good as steel, and are hard to discern just by looking. Not sure I'll ever use the set I bought, but bought them just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                    Un-used, fiberglass C/K front fenders are still common at Stude swap meets, but there does not seem to be much interest in them. I snagged a set a year or so ago for about $300 total. I have seen a couple of sets installed. I think they look as good as steel, and are hard to discern just by looking. Not sure I'll ever use the set I bought, but bought them just in case.
                    There is a lot of variation in fibreglass C/K front fenders offered. They have different weights/thicknesses, fit and features - like vent door openings. I have used them and been satisfied. Most people wouldn't know the difference, unless they feel up in the wheelwell.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      There is a lot of variation in fibreglass C/K front fenders offered. They have different weights/thicknesses, fit and features - like vent door openings. I have used them and been satisfied. Most people wouldn't know the difference, unless they feel up in the wheelwell.
                      I agree Gary,
                      Am aware of different makers and differing quality, and tried to pick the "good ones", with the front vents, etc..

I once worked on the front suspension of an immaculate 56J with fiberglass front fenders. I had no clue till one day, after sitting by a front wheel, I reached under the fender well to pull myself up. It just "felt" different. A closer investigation revealed the glass fenders, but otherwise, I never woulda knew.

Comment

Working...
                      X