Where did this car come from??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did this car come from??

Has anyone ever seen a fluoresent green and flat black 1959 silver hawk in the Rapid City South Dakota area around 2007??
    I bought this car last year on an estate sale and was unable to find out any history on the car. If you saw it I am sure you would remember the color. Any advise on how to trace ownership would be appreciated. I am not looking for names I just want dates and general area in the US. The car originally was shipped to Paris France according to the museum.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

We need PICTURES!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Sometimes doing a little background detective work can open a few doors. Do you know the name of the estate owner? You could research his name, to see if you could find out other businesses or people he was associated with. Heck, if you could figure out where the guy worked, his coworkers would probably recall, and might have a story or two, maybe the one telling you where it came from.

The other option is to work backwards, and start with the build sheet. Find out where the car was sold to, and if nothing else, you would know if the car has always been in that area, or if it's a transplant from someplace else.

Rapid City's not that big of a town. If you can, why not drive the car around to a few more prominent businesses, find the most grisly old dude on staff, and ask him if he recognizes the car.

I know non of those are the silver bullet you were hoping for, but they're valid ideas. If you haven't already, you could give them a go and see where it gets you.
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Keep in mind the car is in white primer now the dealer in SD did this I assume the green is on the door jamb picture. Is the color famillar to anyone?Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04032.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1679336Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04033.jpg
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1679337Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04034.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1679338Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04035.jpg
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1679339Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04036.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1679340

Comment

I can understand why the dealer repainted it.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
            I can understand why the dealer repainted it.
            It was that awful lime green with a flat black around the windows and the fiberglass hood scoop. It has aGolden Hawk hood now but I am looking for a correct hood for it. I thought if anyone saw it in these colors they might remember it.

Comment

Working...
            X