'63 Hawk in used car dealership - $6999, Citrus Heights, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Hawk in used car dealership - $6999, Citrus Heights, CA

I have nothing to do with the car or dealer - found it snooping around, and WAY too far for me (Florida).

Yeah, he is flooding our local Craigslist with ads putting a new one up every day. Wish someone would buy it. I can check it out if someone is interested.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

If it was on the right coast, I'd be tempted...

Comment

I went to see this car about a week ago. He is asking way more than it is worth. I took tons of pictures. We offered him $2500. for it that is about all I thought it was worth. Lots of rust roof pealing off bondo bondo bondo. And bad bondo at that. Floor boards patches by laying metal over swiss cheese. He said he could go down to $5,000 but thats as low as he would go . He said thats what he had into it. I told him just because he was taken doesn't mean that there is another sucker in his future. Steering is real loose also. IMHO
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

I think his $7000.00 is a whole LOT less than a couple weeks ago on our last post about this one, about HALF.
          He must have looked under the Rug! Lol!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My grandson lives near there and and stopped by one day when the place was open, it is a 4 speed car but not worth the money.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

I met Anne over there and we concluded that this car is VERY overpriced. The rust issues alone are daunting. As Anne said, huge plates of bondo are peeling off the roof. Rusted out floors, trunk, trunk lid, fenders etc. Smokes heavily when started. It looks good in the pix, but up close, UGH. Nasty.
              And again, Anne, thanks for the pomegranate jam. MMMMmmmmmm good.
              sals54

Comment

I notice he also says it has a four cylinder... maybe the price is high because it's the elusive prototype four cylinder GT Hawk. <G>
                Jeff DeWitt
                http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDeWitt View Post
                  I notice he also says it has a four cylinder... maybe the price is high because it's the elusive prototype four cylinder GT Hawk. <G>
                  Naw, that means that only the left bank is firing

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The dealer has it listed as a '62 Hawk also. Not original shifter, and it does have a 63 front end.
                    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

For the sake of not cremating the car entirely, and while it is still not worth the asking price by a long shot, there are a couple of items on the car that show it as having been cared for at some point in its life. It has what appears to be Turner disc brakes. It also has a Hurst Shifter on the 4 speed. The paint and body work is coming apart now, but it does look like years ago, it had been turned into a nice daily driver for one of the previous owners.
                      But that being said, let me restate that this car is NOT worth the asking price by several thousand dollars. IMHO it would take at least a grand to make this a reliable daily driver.
                      sals54

Comment

This makes me a little sad, this car needs to find someone to resttore it properly before it gets to far to save, if its issues were more obvious thy need adressed to a new owner but the person who will by probably will leave it a ten footer I hate bondo it leads to worse issues than ever will solve. This car looked like a really solid driver in the pics too bad its that rough in real life

Comment

I think that was owned by Roger Cowan in the 80's? ....
                          John
                          Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                            The dealer has it listed as a '62 Hawk also. Not original shifter, and it does have a 63 front end.
                            and '64 grille mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by GTCruiser View Post
                              and '64 grille mesh.

I don't know about the Grille MESH, because the only difference is that "64's had some Vertical bars Blacked painted out to emphasize the horizontal ones making it look wider to match the side Grilles.

But the Grille Moulding definately appears to be a '64 with the "S" broken off of the Ornament.

This Serial Number plate has obviously been changed or moved, maybe from another '63, since everything important appears to be Early '63, maybe the Title says '62 and those are often wrong and may reflect the Year Built not Year Model.
                              I guess it's just another IT!

Last edited by StudeRich; 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X