Lost in Translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Translation

Last Month our North Star Chapter Meeting was held at Lynde's Restaurant in the Twin Cities. Friendly folks, good food and a nice meeting room. They even put a "welcome" sign on the door for us!
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

I don't see the error. Aren't you using this meeting to teach the newbie SDC members to bake?
    sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
      I don't see the error. Aren't you using this meeting to teach the newbie SDC members to bake?
      Naw, we are considering initiating a new chapter service where we'll teach newbie bakers how to drive.
      sigpic
      Bob Shaw
      Rush City, Minnesota
      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Who knew you had a group that was into the prewar Baker Electric Automobiles?
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Did Lynde's offer any baked goods with the meal or did they expect the club to supply their own?
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Maybe the restaurant got some new portable ovens and need someone who can both cook and transport them to the county fair and other local events!!

Craig

Comment

Not too surprising. The few times I've gone into the local Autozombie store to look for parts for my Studebaker, I get a puzzled look from the kid behind the counter and usually something like, "Is that made in Germany?"

Comment

If we didn't need any learning 'bout them 'bakers the forums wouldn't exist either... so I just keep on stude'ing!

Comment

It looks to me like the Google spellchecker got to their text when they created it on a Computer!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
                    Who knew you had a group that was into the prewar Baker Electric Automobiles?
                    To win a college scholarship that I have endowed, applicants must write about Studebaker motorized vehicles. Last year, a young guy wrote about Bakers and then found out this was incorrect. He then wrote about Studebakers. I told him that this caused him to learn about two brands of cars.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm with Rich on this.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                      X