Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birth announcement. Future SDC'r if his Dad and I have any influence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth announcement. Future SDC'r if his Dad and I have any influence!

At about 7:15 pm Eastern Standard time, Jameson O. R. Hill was born. 6lbs., 14oz. No hair.

Son of SDC'r Graeme Hill, and second grandson of Roger Hill. He is a cooperative fellow, we know already, as not only did he come willingly (once the water was broken), but he delayed his scheduled appearance by a full week just so his dad and his grandpa could get to the swap meet in York Pa. each year without missing any birthday parties!

May he "grow in wisdom and stature and in favour with God and man".

And if he had a nice '39 L5 Coupe Express at some point, to give his old grandpa a ride in, that would be a good thing, too.
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Enjoy the new addition to the family!
      "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
        At about 7:15 pm Eastern Standard time, Jameson O. R. Hill was born. 6lbs., 14oz. No hair.

Son of SDC'r Graeme Hill, and second grandson of Roger Hill. He is a cooperative fellow, we know already, as not only did he come willingly (once the water was broken), but he delayed his scheduled appearance by a full week just so his dad and his grandpa could get to the swap meet in York Pa. each year without missing any birthday parties!

May he "grow in wisdom and stature and in favour with God and man".

And if he had a nice '39 L5 Coupe Express at some point, to give his old grandpa a ride in, that would be a good thing, too.
        WOW! That is a terrific prayer and an excellent first birthday gift for him.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That"s how I got started, parents brought me home from hospital in a 1946 Studebaker Champion!
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Both my sons were brought home from the hospital in my 1953 Studebaker Commander and my daughter was born at home with the same Commander in the driveway. She used my 1956 President Classic as her wedding car!.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Congratulations!
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Congrats Roger!!! But, you do know that York is a week later next year, right Gramps? Guess you'll have to bring the 'lil fella with you. :-)
                Jim
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

You need to go buy him one of those baby blankets with the "Roman Orgy" Studebaker ad from 1927 printed on it, as described in the Stove Huggers forum this week. I'm sure his mom will love it!

Don't forget that Studebaker International has the "onesies" for babies with the Studebaker logo. Here was my grandson Leo wearing his. He's 7 years old now.
                  Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                  ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Cool! Hey Gary, Leo has your eyes!
                    Great photo!
                    Bill
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Congratulations, Roger; that's a great and insightful annoucement. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!! you should start a first stude fund, put a little money back every month and when hes 10 or 12 get him a stude of his own

Comment

Congratulations, Roger and Graeme!

If you guys can't indoctrinate him into Studebaker fold, then no one can!

My guess is that the initial R stands for the R series of Studebaker engines, Roger, but what does the initial O stand for?

Best wishes, Paul
                          Last edited by 55s; 03-09-2013, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Congratulations Roger and Graeme.
                            Stu Chapman

Comment

Congrtualations on your beautiful grandson. Amazing he waited, and let you guys go to York!!

Comment

Working...
                              X