Keystone 2012 raffle winner decides to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone 2012 raffle winner decides to sell

I have been advised by the winner of the 1960 Hawk that he would consider selling the car since he is in the process of "thinning his herd". The asking price is $12,000.00. The car has not yet been retitled to him in Canada, so it would be relatively easy to facilitate transfer to the new buyer. The car is in storage in my garage in Pennsylvania. If anyone is interested, please either call me at 717-574-1529 or email me at larkregal62@aol.com Thanks Gordon F. Kertzel,111 Raffle Car Chairman-- Keystone Region Chapter

Click image for larger version

Name:	Janets_pics_2_020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1679277Click image for larger version

Name:	Janets_pics_2_003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1679278
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That is a righteous price.
      Too bad I don't have the money for it.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The car looks beautiful. Can someone give me a report on the mechanicals and the extent of body repair required to look so good. In other words is it worth the money? I am shopping for a Hawk. Thank you, Grant

Comment

This was a first place winner at the Atlantic Zone Meet in Gettysburg, 2012. During the year it has been offered as the KRC Raffle Car it has been driven to over a dozen venues for display and promotion; never trailered! We will not raffle inferior restorations. You would be hard pressed to replace this for twice the fee.

Anyone who has seen the car, correct me if I'm wrong.
          Last edited by rockne10; 03-06-2013, 10:44 PM.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Does not get any better. Some pay a bunch more and still fall behind as far as quality is concerned. Car was not junk to start with. If you don't buy it soon, it's a coming south. cheers jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

We have records including the pics of the restoration which was done in South Bend. All records go with the car from purchase to present. To my recollection, the car was purchased in Tacoma WA and all maintanence records from new are in a folder with the car. I am sorry , but I cannot answer specific questions regarding those records as I am in FL til May and the car is in a garage in PA. Transfer will be coordinated by others of my committee in PA, but coordinated from here by phone and email. This car is a no disappointment vehicle that runs and drives 100%. It does not have power brakes or power steering. If you have other questions, post here or contact me directly at phone or email in above post. Thanks Gordon 0915 thursday 07March13

Comment

Originally posted by studer35 View Post
                The car looks beautiful. Can someone give me a report on the mechanicals and the extent of body repair required to look so good. In other words is it worth the money? I am shopping for a Hawk. Thank you, Grant
                Personally I am surprised that the winner isn't asking more for the car. I believe Keystone paid more than that. I have known the car and the owners for a long time. That Hawk has never needed anything. It has been carefully maintained and garaged all the time they had it. But, it was owned to be driven- many chapter tours, trips to South Bend, more.
                The previous owners bought tickets hoping to win it back. Does that tell you something?
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

That certainly is a nice car ....I saw that there is a bad chip in the windshield ....probably the only thing wrong with it.
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The lower air intake panel is a different color,or is it ?
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                      The previous owners bought tickets hoping to win it back. Does that tell you something?
                      They can now buy it back at what appears to be a reasonable price.

EDIT: Please notify them in case that they are not aware that it is currently for sale.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

THis car hasn't sold yet??? For that price??? Are you kidding???
                        sals54

Comment

I saw it at York and it is a beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            They can now buy it back at what appears to be a reasonable price.

EDIT: Please notify them in case that they are not aware that it is currently for sale.
                            Thanks Gary. I emailed them this morning, but I kind of doubt that they will do it.
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I called and talked to Susan before I listed this on the forum. She said they were not currently in a position to reaquire the car. Yes Keystone paid more for the car---Purchase price was 15,000 and that was a good buy. There is a bullseye in the windshield, but it is not in the field of vision Gordon---Thursday 1900 hrs

Comment

Working...
                              X