Mystery solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery solved!

over two years ago. Art had e-mailed me waay back then and mentioned that he was thinking about doing something in Turning Wheels on the subject. I had forgotten all about it. This is a good lesson in revealing how much hard work and planning takes place behind the scenes in publishing such a fine work as Turning Wheels. Just think of all the material that has to be sifted, chosen, re-shifted, and prioritized to make it into the publication.

Thank you Art, for all the work you have done through the years.
    Thank you for the editing in this particular article. You somehow managed to make us on the forum look as if we are somewhat capable of putting together a coherent conversation! (No small accomplishment)

Thanks to all the forum members who contributed to the thread and subject. It may be my topic, but certainly not My Article! It is the article of all who participate in the forum and contributed to the thread.

Mystery Solved!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

You're published!
    ~Matt Connor
    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I read that article. It was very interesting.

Comment

I not only read the article, I recognized most of the names!

Thanks John (and Art)
        Dave Nevin
        Corvallis, OR
        1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
        Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I second the kudos to Art. Did you read Ann's Editor's note in this issue? It made me very grateful for all Art has done for the last 15 years. I sure do hope he gets better.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
            I second the kudos to Art. Did you read Ann's Editor's note in this issue? It made me very grateful for all Art has done for the last 15 years. I sure do hope he gets better.

I read Ann's note. That was (to me) the solving of another mystery. I had read the forum threads and posts on the subject of Art's resignation/health problems and did not see a specific diagnosis. From the tone of the posts of others, I concluded it was a very serious matter. It is news that I think all of us fear and dread, with hope that we will never hear. I know of no one who has not been touched by having friends, family, and loved ones affected somewhere in their lifetime. As always...I will pray for healing and the faith to accept will of the one who made us all.

The few times I have communicated with Art directly, he has treated me with grace and dignity. I hope he thinks the same. My prayers are for you my friend.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
            X