Things I wish I hadn't sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I wish I hadn't sold

I was going through some old pictures...

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I can't remember EVER seeing one of those 8000 RPM tachs come up for sale.......And this one was NOS?

Comment

Studebaker Blueprint Number 1560604 Whatszatt?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

IT's a blueprint fof that transistorized ign module lyin' in front of it.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I was told never to regret anything you sold, but I sure regret not putting another bid on a '55 Commander President C5. Well used, hadn't run for 30 years, frame rusty, engine frozen, front and back seat full of NOS parts. It went for $600. I did buy the '55 LC at the same auction for that amount, but it took me two years to put it on the road. Yeah, the one in my picture.

Comment

This is just stuff, it's really people that are the most important thing in life.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
              IT's a blueprint fof that transistorized ign module lyin' in front of it.
              I have one of them around some where, any one want it?
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                This is just stuff, it's really people that are the most important thing in life.
                So true, but if one is to have regrets in life, better over a car than over a relationship not nurtured.
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  I can't remember EVER seeing one of those 8000 RPM tachs come up for sale.......And this one was NOS?
                  Yes, NOS. Complete with sender and all the little pieces necessary for installation. Back then I thought the 8,000 tach looked...well, tacky. I did copy the blueprint though.

'64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Yup, Avantilover said it all!!!
                    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I notice that it is spelled "tackometer'(sic) on the blueprint, rather than tachometer.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        I notice that it is spelled "tackometer'(sic) on the blueprint, rather than tachometer.
                        Paul said he thought it was "tacky" Gary, LOL.
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

For sure people are more important...to us people,
                          but they aint making any new Studebakers anymore, but new kids... & me too...
                          I've always collected old meters when I've found them, but a 8000 RPM tach, no way I've even seen one for sale!

Comment

Is that the tach you bought at the auction in western Nebraska Paul?

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                              Is that the tach you bought at the auction in western Nebraska Paul?

Denny L
                              Yes. It was on the very long table with all the odds and ends. Once I saw it I guarded it so carefully that I missed bidding on a '64 NOS tilt column that sold for $12.50. I bought the tach back when I was still dreaming of building a clone R4 Avanti using my R4 engine. I actually went to the auction dreaming of being able to buy the 11,000-mile R-2, four-speed Avanti, but that dream was shattered pretty quickly.

I did score some other neat stuff- a NOS brown Avanti steering wheel, a NOS Avanti AM-FM, a set of NOS wire wheelcovers, a set of the NOS turbine wheel covers, a complete set of NOS wood grain pieces, several Studebaker cans of various products (one five-quart oil can leaked in the trunk of my car all the way back), etc.

I had also gotten the build sheet on the '64 3/4-ton Champ with some thought of bidding on it, but was glad to see Stuart Tritt get it especially considering all the work he did on that auction (so I gave him the build sheet). It was interesting to see what the dealer had done to the truck. It was ordered as a plain 259 three-speed shop truck and he had built it into a five-speed overdrive with factory air and the service sticker on the door jamb said "305 cubic inch" (?). That incredibly dusty Fish carburetor stopped me though.

Comment

Working...
                              X