Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN lookups

Another n00b question...

How are people able to lookup VINs and say how the car came? Someone have a hookup or master list?

Can someone check 1963 GT Hawk 63V29573 for how it came and options?

Get a build sheet from the Studebaker National Museum.

Comment

Welcome to SDC and to the SDC Forum, we would love to have you as a Member of SDC if you are not yet.

From our SDC Homepage under "valuable Links":

http://www.studebakermuseum.org/

It is under the "Archives and Education clickdown, and then the Research and Products Link.

You send them your Serial Number and payment for an "Official" Copy of the original Production Order.

Studebaker Serial Numbers indicate the Factory, the Year and 6 or V-8 and the sequence that it came off of the 6 or V-8 line, ONLY.

In the day, I don't think ANY U.S. Car had any info on the "Serial Number Plate". They were NOT VIN Numbers.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 03-03-2013, 03:07 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There is the possibility that you might find an assembly line copy of the build sheet somewhere in the car. It could be tucked in several places: under the front seat springs, or back seat springs, or between the carpet and floor. Or, it could be pasted to the back of the dashboard behind the glove box. But most of the time, the only way to find out what the car came with is to get a copy of your build sheet as noted above.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Ahhh.... OK - however, that VIN is one I was interested in listed by an online vendor.
          Do not have a Stude yet, but yes, joined SDC I think on Friday?

Iwas asking, because I see threads pop up, and someone mentions a VIN, and then a few minutes later someone mentions how it came.

Seen a few GT Hawk threads like that already...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
            Ahhh.... OK - however, that VIN is one I was interested in listed by an online vendor.
            Do not have a Stude yet, but yes, joined SDC I think on Friday?
            I was asking, because I see threads pop up, and someone mentions a VIN, and then a few minutes later someone mentions how it came.Seen a few GT Hawk threads like that already...
            I thought maybe that is why you asked when I answered you.
            That happens because certain very dedicated SDC Members have lists of Serial Numbers and equipment on "very Special" always limited editions of some rarer Studes. like all of the "Super" and "Avanti Powered" Studebaker Larks and Hawks.

I think others have been done like: '56 Golden Hawks, Packard Hawks, '55 Speedsters etc. that they have spent weeks searching the Studebaker National Museum archives for the info, which now costs by the hour.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

A few guys have done a lot of research regarding Jet Thrust cars. These are the R1, R2 and R3 cars.
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
              X