57 Wagon back from paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Wagon back from paint

We just picked up the Provincial from the paint shop, and couldn't help but sharing a few pictures.
    The colors came very close to the original Azure Blue, and Wedgwood blue, not a perfect match, but it looks great.
    We went with a good driver quality paint job, sent the chrome out, and I am polishing up the stainless.
    The body work turned up great, those junior college body shop classes back in the 70's really paid off, plus I am a CASO and it was kind of fun too boot.
    Anyway, the wife is very happy, the old wagon is getting 2nd or 3rd life, and as bad as the accident seemed it turned into a bit of a blessing.
    Better quality, and more pictures will follow as the reassembly ramps up.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Ross.
    Riverside, Ca.
    1957 Provincial X2
    1958 Transtar

Originally posted by Rosstude View Post
    We just picked up the Provincial from the paint shop, and couldn't help but sharing a few pictures.
    The colors came very close to the original Azure Blue, and Wedgwood blue, not a perfect match, but it looks great.
    We went with a good driver quality paint job, sent the chrome out, and I am polishing up the stainless.
    The body work turned up great, those junior college body shop classes back in the 70's really paid off, plus I am a CASO and it was kind of fun too boot.
    Anyway, the wife is very happy, the old wagon is getting 2nd or 3rd life, and as bad as the accident seemed it turned into a bit of a blessing.
    Better quality, and more pictures will follow as the reassembly ramps up.

Very purdy.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

That Provincial is looking REALLY Good Ross, Dave's "Betsy" the '57 Parkview will be jealous!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

NICE!!!...

Comment

AWESOME ! something I'd luv to have in my garage.
          1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

Great job! Gives me hope and inspiration for my 57 Wagon!
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Most excellent!

Comment

Brint it as is tot he Peterson for us all to see in person! Looks most excellent!!!!

Mark

Comment

REAL nice! I'm hoping that "Sarah" will see new paint this year.
                  As 57pack mentioned, this give me some inspiration.Nice job!

Comment

Right on, Ross! Looks gorgeous! You did your own bodywork? You're even more of a he-man than I thought

Hey Mark - when is the Petersen meet this year?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Los Angeles Chapter "Winter Meet" Sun. March 17, 2013 ONLY, 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM Cars must be in place by 10:00 AM to Show.

Located at: The Peterson Automotive Museum
                      6060 Wilshire Blvd.
                      Los Angeles, CA

From Larry Swanson's What's Happening Column in my March 2013 "Turning Wheels".

Slap, Slap ...Clark you should be ashamed of yourself!
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 03-03-2013, 03:42 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We will be at the Peterson on the 17th, but sadly we will not be driving a Stude, but looking forward to it non the less. I will have a friend with us, who is a new Stude convert, and never been to the Peterson.
                        sigpic
                        Ross.
                        Riverside, Ca.
                        1957 Provincial X2
                        1958 Transtar

Comment

Very nice. They always look so good, fresh from the paint shop before any trim is put back on. Can't explain it, but it's just nice. Congrats. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            That Provincial is looking REALLY Good Ross, Dave's "Betsy" the '57 Parkview will be jealous!
                            Lucky for you~ Betsy has NO IDEA what you and Doc are doing to Sweet Pea these days...

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                            Hey Mark - when is the Petersen meet this year?
                            Oh no you didnt... You BETTER be there Clark.
                            I know I plan to be...

Originally posted by Rosstude View Post
                            We will be at the Peterson on the 17th, but sadly we will not be driving a Stude, but looking forward to it non the less. I will have a friend with us, who is a new Stude convert, and never been to the Peterson.
                            Wait, what?
                            I'm 1700 miles away from home and have no chance of seeing your AWESOME '57 at the LA Winter Meet?

Crap.

So more then one of us '57 StudeGuys will be roaming aimlessly and StudeLess about the show...

I'll be the one with an 'SNW' tee-shirt and a 'Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum' ball cap on my head.
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you at the Peterson, Ross and a few weeks later hope to see your wife driving her "too fine ride" around Riverside again!

Hey Clark. It's time you bring Barney there too. That poor ole boy needs a good run up to L.A.
                              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                              64 Zip Van
                              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                              X