Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Bend in May, any info out? where to stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend in May, any info out? where to stay?

I think it is time to start thinking more about the week end in South Bend in May, anyone have any info on it ? who is in charge, how to sign up and where to stay, thanks ...Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

No parts I need, but it would be worth the trip just to say Hi....unless the perch are biting Would you happen to have a rear valance for dual exhaust for my 55K?
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Comfort Suites,60971 US Route 31, South Bend. 574-291-3100. Couple miles from the fair grounds.

Comment

The only place that I recommend in South Bend, and I have stayed in many, is The Inn at Saint Mary's.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
          No parts I need, but it would be worth the trip just to say Hi....unless the perch are biting Would you happen to have a rear valance for dual exhaust for my 55K?
          Dave yes I do in fact I just dropped off 2 at the blaster to day both are real nice.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

We have been staying at the Microtel Inn (just north off of the downtown [Notre Dame] exit from the toll road). Good rates, clean, hot breakfast. 222 Dixie Way 574+273-4300. As far as the meet info, look at: http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/Annual_Meet.php There are usually one or two trailers in the lot, but the only time I saw it full was during the International Meet last Summer. See you there!

Comment

I stay at the COmfort Inn on 31 so very close to the fairgrounds Bout a hundred bucks with free breakfast cheers. Jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I've been staying at the Best Inn on the north side near Notre Dame.

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

We were only in town for only one night during the annual meet and were fortunate to get a room in the Microtel near ND on 933 (used to be US 31). A long-time friend came over to see us in the AM and the desk clerk said no problem if he joined us for breakfast. We plan on staying there the next time we return to the area.
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I like to stay over in Amish country, less that 1/2 hour East of the fairgrounds.

Das Dutchman Essenhaus is a unique Amish style restaurant located in Middlebury, Indiana close to Shipshewana in the heart of Amish country.

Comment

My older brother has a mid-fifties Scotty camper. I am thinking about borrowing it and towing it up to SB behind the GT. If nothing else, won't have to worry about bedbugs.

Comment

been staying at the comfort inn since 2010. nice rooms, close to the fairgrounds, and big parking lot parties every night.
                        61 lark cruiser
                        64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Hi Bob,

Here is the link for the most up to date information on the May Meet in South Bend. http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/Annual_Meet.php I will hopefully be able to get away that weekend make the trip to South Bend to pick up some final parts that I will without doubt need to get the Lark back on the road.

Allen
                          1964 GT Hawk
                          PSMCDR 2014
                          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                          PSMCDR 2013
                          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Now you have my attention, Bob. Don Simmons provided the other side of my SS exhaust system and I don't want to cut a whole in my valance. Can your body guy paint it black? PM me with your price and we can make this happen
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

A few things YOU may want to carefully consider about the TWO Comfort Suites in South Bend, especially this year!

Both are basically located on the same highway …one directly NORTH of the city …the other directly SOUTH of the city.

The one located SOUTH of the city is the closest to the "2013 Studebaker Indiana Swap Meet" being held at the St. Joseph County Fairgrounds and is located at:

60971 US 31 SOUTH, South Bend, IN, US, 46614
                              Phone: (574) 291-3100

Something else to consider is a completely new U.S. 31 highway is currently under construction right next to this location …as in; noise, dirt, dust, show cars, etc.
                              In 2012, a road adjacent to this hotel was closed for a good part of the year, but access to the hotel parking lot was not blocked off.

Call ahead and get as much info as you can to make YOUR lodging decision …It's always best to know-before-you-go!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
                              Last edited by Welcome; 03-02-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X