NOS Avanti woodgrain parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS Avanti woodgrain parts

I have a complete set of woodgrain dash and console parts, NOS and used. Including the instrument panel overlay, radio trim bezel, console front verticle cover, automatic shifter trim plate and moldings, ashtray cover assembly and late style console handle and trim. In very nice condition and some still in original packaging. The 5 slot console lever cover may have been installed so I will call it used. see post #8 for more info.
    Anyone have any idea what these parts may be worth?
    Last edited by redbullet; 03-03-2013, 02:37 PM.

Sorry I can't help you on value,but I do'nt think you'll have any trouble finding a buyer.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by redbullet View Post
      I have a complete set of NOS woodgrain dash and console parts including the instrument panel overlay, radio trim bezel, console front verticle cover, automatic shifter trim plate and moldings, ashtray cover assembly and late style console handle and trim. In new condition and in boxes. Anyone have any idea what these parts may be worth?
      Maybe a $1000 or so, but Ebay might surprise both of us if you list them separately.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I was thinking that they would be more valuable if sold as a complete set.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
          I was thinking that they would be more valuable if sold as a complete set.

Chris.
          My observation is that sets of things usually sell for less than the individual parts will sell for. Maybe its because there are more people looking for a part of the set than are looking for the whole set. Just a guess.
          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
          50 Champion 2 door*
          53 Commander K Auto*
          53 Commander K overdrive*
          55 President Speedster
          62 GT 4Speed*
          63 Avanti R1*
          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by redbullet View Post
            I have a complete set of NOS woodgrain dash and console parts including the instrument panel overlay, radio trim bezel, console front verticle cover, automatic shifter trim plate and moldings, ashtray cover assembly and late style console handle and trim. In new condition and in boxes. Anyone have any idea what these parts may be worth?
            Tom, private message sent.
            Jim
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
              My observation is that sets of things usually sell for less than the individual parts will sell for. Maybe its because there are more people looking for a part of the set than are looking for the whole set. Just a guess.

Yes, someone might have a perfect dash but need the rare console parts and so on. List them separately. The dash and console pieces will bring the big bucks.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

All the parts are are for the 64 style Studebaker Avanti. The Console cover is the 5 slot version, part number 1360025X1.
                I took a another look at the parts today and the console cover was one of the two parts that were not still in boxes, but wrapped in soft material, and it has a couple of very small marks (shelf wear) on the woodgrain overlay but I doubt that it will show after it is installed. I really can't tell if it was ever installed so I will call it used. I also have a another very nice used one that looks to be OK too. The other part not in a box is the walnut grain shift lever panel for an automatic, it is the woodgrain metal plate only and I also have the two moldings for it that secure it to the cover, part number 1347876 and they are new in the bag.
                The dash instrument overlay is still sealed in the box, part number 1358994X1. The radio bezel is part number 1562450. Ash tray is part number 1358919X1. Console handle part number 1360028X1. Console AC hole cover part number 1358914X1 W/O air. I do have a very nice used cover for use with air. All parts except the 5 slot console cover and the shifter cover overlay are still in the original packaging which as you can imagine is pretty brittle by now so I hate to keep handling them.
                As far as pictures go you all know what they look like. I can send pictures if anyone needs them
                Last edited by redbullet; 03-03-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Amazing what NOS parts are still out there!

Comment

Please put them on ebay. I too would like a chance to bit on them.

Comment

Working...
                    X