Having a great time at York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a great time at York

My wife and I drove 8 1/2 hours from Detroit to York today. We drove through snow and rain but it was worth it. Its Thursday afternoon and vendors are still setting up booths but I've already spent about half of my cash. I'm finding many goodies for our '64 Daytona hardtop. It's nice to see our friends from the east side of the country too. Every time I do a lap of the swap meet I find something else I need. This is getting me thinking about spring and getting the cars out again. Just what I needed! Well worth the drive and we are having a great time!
    Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona Hardtop
    1962 Champ Truck
    1957 Golden Hawk

I sure wish that I could have been able to get away for this swap meet. I have always enjoyed this one. I believe Rene Harger is displaying my bucket seats for my 63 Lark Convertible during the swap, so the big question for me is how do my seats look? I will be looking forward to seeing them in within a week or so when Don Simmons brings them home for me. Don't forget to spend your money for your exhaust needs at Silvertone Exhaust. (Yes this was a shameless plug for Don Simmons).

I hope someone posts lots of pictures of the cars in the corral and the busy aisles of the swap meet. Have fun and again I wish I could have been there.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I can't make it, but I know it'll be a good time for those that are there. I've heard that my former '53 2R11 pickup has been seen in the parking lot.

Comment

Can't be there either due my grand daughter's sudden illness.
        Have been to York in years past, always enjoyed the people and events.
        Trouble is, I always leave broke! But have a truck load of Studebaker goodies to continue my Studebaker / Packard projects.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
          I sure wish that I could have been able to get away for this swap meet. I have always enjoyed this one. I believe Rene Harger is displaying my bucket seats for my 63 Lark Convertible during the swap, so the big question for me is how do my seats look? I will be looking forward to seeing them in within a week or so when Don Simmons brings them home for me. Don't forget to spend your money for your exhaust needs at Silvertone Exhaust. (Yes this was a shameless plug for Don Simmons).

I hope someone posts lots of pictures of the cars in the corral and the busy aisles of the swap meet. Have fun and again I wish I could have been there.

Allen

Allen, If your seats are red buckets with white inserts, I saw them and they look great. Rene is doing the blue vinyl buckets for my hardtop. As far as Don's exhaust systems, I have his SS duals on both my '64 convertible and hardtop. They look great, sound great and never rust. Don is a nice guy to do business with too.
          Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
          1964 Daytona Hardtop
          1962 Champ Truck
          1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Yes, those are my red and white buckets! I can't wait to see them. Having those buckets there will give your a pretty good idea what your buying from Rene. I purchased the actual seats at York last year for, I think for around $50 after I purchased the seat covers from Rene. They were sitting around the whole weekend and I bought them up as a last minute thing, which Rene took with him home to rebuild and recover. As I recall the seat rails are a little rusty and thin but I have another set of bucket in my shop from my GT Hawk with near perfect sliding rails that I will transfer over.

Don is great guy who would give you the shirt off his back if you did not have one. I also have Don's SS exhausts on both of my cars. 2 1/4 inch medium tone on the Hawk, Love the sound of them going under a bridge! and Standard SS in the Lark with medium tone as well.

If your walking by Don or Rene tell them I say hello and that I giving both of them Shameless Plugs on the forum!

Allen
            1964 GT Hawk
            PSMCDR 2014
            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
            PSMCDR 2013
            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

No York for me....
              Made it as far as Norfolk, and the workload nixed the day or so off....
              Good to have a job... Stude's can wait...

Besides, we had an awesome time at the first annual Stude Racing Southeast Bench Race Meet and Swap meet last weekend...
              (If you're gonna play, you're gonna pay...)

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Are the Shrock brothers there?

Denny L

Comment

I'm at home - waiting for a new grandson to be born. Due date is today. He's got a hour and 17 minutes to be on time. But, no word yet!

York will have to wait until next year.
                  Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                  61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                  Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                  Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                    Are the Shrock brothers there?

Denny L
                    As far as I know, they haven't missed this meet since it started forty years ago.

Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
                      I'm at home - waiting for a new grandson to be born. Due date is today. He's got a hour and 17 minutes to be on time. But, no word yet!

York will have to wait until next year.
                      What ??? And miss his first birthday? Shame on you! At least he wasn't 13 weeks early like Mack was. Hope all goes well Roger.

Doug
                      1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yes Matt , I was looking that truck over yesterday ....sure was a nice truck . Saw it going down the road to night with a load of parts on the back .
                        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hi It was nice seeing you and talking to you again about our other favorite cars , Mopar , I hope your ride home was good , Ed

Comment

Sorry I missed the group photo but I got caught up in a conversation with someone I haven't seen since York last year. When I turned around the photo was taken and everyone was getting back into the warmth. I scored some good parts I was looking for but missed out on a few others. Next year I will be going on Friday for sure. Thanks to all the helpful vendors you guys made it a good time. It was nice to finally meet Dave T. too, what a good guy.

Comment

Keystone is in the process of trying to organize and compile a review of the Swap meet including pics and a write-up Watch the website at www.sdckeystoneregion.com Thanks to all who attended and made this years meet so successful. We have started planning for next year's meet already. Input and suggestions on bettering the meet are appreciated and welcomed. Contact may be made with any of the people mentioned in the contact section of the website. Thanks to all who purchased tickets on the 2014 Avanti--Thanks to you 491 tickets were purchased at the meet, bringing the total sold to over 900--- 25% sold out and over a year til the drawing. Thank you Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X