My Daytona moves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Daytona moves!

I have a 63 Daytona HT sitting in my shop that was disassembled to the point of being immobile several years ago. I have started the engine from time to time to keep it from seizing, but could not get it in gear because the steering column jacket had been taken apart. The only way to put it in gear was to crawl under it. Not a good place to be if it starts moving.
    With all the bad weather lately,and not being able to do anything outside, Josh and I aquired a jacket assembly, installed it, hooked up the linkage and started the car.After it idled for awhile I dropped it in drive and it jumped forward! Moved it to reverse and it started out the door!
    It's still a back burner car but we plan to get it out of the shop and under a shelter so Josh can use that bay to put his car back togather.
    The Daytona is the 2nd car of my collection. I bought it in 1985. The only one I have owned longer is my 57. I bought it in 1979.
    Neil Thornton

Hey, good for you. Ironically, my '64 Daytona (65-66 drivetrain) was moved for the first time in a LONG time (today). It had been parked on the patio, but I took it for a "spin" around the yard today and gave it a new "view." Hoping to get some smaller items tended to and maybe registered and on the road next week. I'm anxious to see how the Chevy 350 engine and the 700R4 tanny work out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Daytona moved.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1679192

Tom
    Last edited by wittsend; 02-27-2013, 06:31 PM.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I also have a 65 Daytona. Or at least I did. I gave it to a son-in-law last year. He cranked it up and drove it around the yard and parked it back under the same shelter. It has a 350 short block in it but still has the 283 heads and intake. The FOM trans has been replaced with 350 THM. The roof rusted so badly under the vinyl top that it needs a new skin.I have one to go on it but no one wants to tackel the job. Son-in-law says he can do it. Maybe this summer.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Glad to see that you got your car moved and with the new windshield in! Congratulations.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X