What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this mean?

Still going through some of the old newspapers. This AM, I ran across this ad and it left me scratching my head...
    Anyone know what it means?

64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Bob, the phone number is there, why not call and ask them? :-)
    See ya in York!
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Spudder Park baseball stadium in Wichita Falls, TX was built for their first semi-pro baseball team, the Spudders. They had four. The teams' name derives from an association with the oil industry, specifically, a person who prepares and operates a rig for drilling oil wells. (google http://scottymoore.net/spudderpark.html

I would assume the prize at the end of the season was to win the 'Kup' whatever that was - Spudder Kup instead of the Stanley?
      Dave Hugo
      Wellford, SC
      1940 Champion
      1950 Champion Coupe
      1955 President Coupe
      1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Comment

Great, thanks... I'll add a link..
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

From the link when you scroll down it looks like Elvis appeared at Spudder's park. Probably one of the highlights of his career
          Dave Hugo
          Wellford, SC
          1940 Champion
          1950 Champion Coupe
          1955 President Coupe
          1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Comment

As I remember Scotty Moore was the name of Elvis guitar-player for many years & the guy who REALLY made the sound special & always seemed to come up with a new solo in each song.

Comment

...& yeah, now I also checked it out & sure enough, that's the very same Scotty & they also write a bit about the bass-player Bill Black & the drummer D.J.Fontana.

Comment

I have an old book called "This is a Studebaker Year". It features the 1916 model Studebakers.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                X