1953 Sedan Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: 1953 Sedan Mirror

For awhile now, I've been looking for a 1953 Studebaker Sedan mirror, I've tried with reproduction parts but they are not exactly the same, nor do the fit, and I'd hate to drill holes in my door. Does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone know where I can get a mirror for my car? Thanks.
    Sure she may have 85hp, sure she may not be the most attractive or fastest thing out there, but she is the best car that represents me- 1953 Studebaker Champion Sedan

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Kelii, you will really enjoy being a Member and receiving your Monthly copy of "Turning Wheels" Magazine. If you have not joined yet, you can do that at the Top of these pages for a first time discount.

We truly LOVE to have younger Members join us to preserve the future of SDC, you are very Welcome!

Los Angeles Area huh, my old stomping grounds! I am from Torrance, Gardena, Hawthorne, Lawndale and Redondo Beach. Oh yeah, also Lancaster!
    There are some great people down there in the Los Angeles Chapter and the Orange Empire Chapter where I belonged until 1989.

Studebaker Vendors at:
    http://studebakervendors.com have the correct Studebaker Mirrors, this one appears to be a Roberk aftermarket, universal, non-Studebaker Mirror.

(1) If it has only one screw at the front, that means it has a bracket under it screwed to the door for the rear mounting, it MAY be possible to remove it and replace it useing the original holes OR covering the old holes with the new Mirror.

(2) The other option is to find a Roberk Complete Mirror at a on-line eBay store from old stock Auto Parts Store Warehouse obsolete stock.
    If you find one in a local Auto Parts Store like O'Reillys etc. it will be a PLASTIC copy of the original chromed pot metal one, the mirror head from those cheap ones may even fit your base.

I am sure there is a good reasonable solution to this simple issue, good luck.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-26-2013, 12:20 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Your car and statement maade me think of my father. He was a devout Studebaker man and owned many Studebakers in his lifetime. His all-time favorite was a four door 1953 Champion, light green, with an OD transmission. I will check tonight to see if I have a mirror close to what you have. I inheriteda few mirrors in a bunch of Studebaker stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X