Deal of a life time 57 Golden hawk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal of a life time 57 Golden hawk.

Today nibbs53 and I were cleaning the shop to make room to bring my grandsons 62 Gt hawk in this next week and we moved out the 57 golden hawk I plan on putting on e-bay in a few days we washed the dust off and I took some pictures of it and figured I would post and offer it to the forum for a few days and then put it on e-bay, the car is in primer right now and some work has been done to get this far, the rear fenders were removed and replaces with rust free ones and when off one area under the driver side rear 1/4 window had some rust so it was cut out and repaired and the whole side was painted with por-15 same with the back side of the fenders and the inside of the fins, the trunk floor was rather good with just a couple small rust holes so that area was painted with por-15 and a small piece of fiberglass cloth was imbedded in the por-15 and is nice and solid, the car floors were rather nice also with only some small holes and scaling so that was cleaned and also por-15 with fiberglass imbedded also, this stuff does work really well this way, I know there are some that think the only way is to butcher the floors and put in new panels and in some cases that is the only way but with minor this way works fine and will last forever. there is some small rut out at the lower front fenders and one rocker panel needs to be replaced, one door had a crease in it down low and was pulled out and needs to be finished, The engine and transmission are out of the car and need to be rebuilt as do the brakes, the gas tank is good. All the glass is tinted and this car is a power seat and power window car and also has power brakes and steering. the front seat is from a 58 GH that was also a power seat car, the dash is good except the padded top area, gauges look good with the clock missing the 160 speedo is out but with the car, this car is 99 % there with useable chrome and stainless, super charger is all there also, some one looking to do a 57 GH could not go wrong with this one my asking price is $8000.00 with free shipping to South Bend in early May or along my route there on I-80. when it goes on e-bay the price will be $7500.00 and a Buy it now of $8500.00 with free delivery in May as per my trip to South Bend.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Nice one Bob and thanks for offering it up here first.

Dean.

Comment

Thanks but not for me. Bob but since I am at York and there are many parts available for the 57 GH. I have decide to challenge myself and fix up a rusty POS I have. I figure that when I get mine to the stature of yours,after firstly purchasing what ain't there, I'm only gonna have bout 37,000 iit. It's a no brainer cheers and thanks for offering.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Can you send me a photo of the engine?? I am looking for a 2nd Stude now - was looking for a Wagon but this may be something to consider. THX!

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          Today nibbs53 and I were cleaning the shop to make room to bring my grandsons 62 Gt hawk in this next week and we moved out the 57 golden hawk I plan on putting on e-bay in a few days we washed the dust off and I took some pictures of it and figured I would post and offer it to the forum for a few days and then put it on e-bay, the car is in primer right now and some work has been done to get this far, the rear fenders were removed and replaces with rust free ones and when off one area under the driver side rear 1/4 window had some rust so it was cut out and repaired and the whole side was painted with por-15 same with the back side of the fenders and the inside of the fins, the trunk floor was rather good with just a couple small rust holes so that area was painted with por-15 and a small piece of fiberglass cloth was imbedded in the por-15 and is nice and solid, the car floors were rather nice also with only some small holes and scaling so that was cleaned and also por-15 with fiberglass imbedded also, this stuff does work really well this way, I know there are some that think the only way is to butcher the floors and put in new panels and in some cases that is the only way but with minor this way works fine and will last forever. there is some small rut out at the lower front fenders and one rocker panel needs to be replaced, one door had a crease in it down low and was pulled out and needs to be finished, The engine and transmission are out of the car and need to be rebuilt as do the brakes, the gas tank is good. All the glass is tinted and this car is a power seat and power window car and also has power brakes and steering. the front seat is from a 58 GH that was also a power seat car, the dash is good except the padded top area, gauges look good with the clock missing the 160 speedo is out but with the car, this car is 99 % there with useable chrome and stainless, super charger is all there also, some one looking to do a 57 GH could not go wrong with this one my asking price is $8000.00 with free shipping to South Bend in early May or along my route there on I-80. when it goes on e-bay the price will be $7500.00 and a Buy it now of $8500.00 with free delivery in May as per my trip to South Bend.

Bob,
          Am I seeing an illusion, or is that heater core about 4-6" longer than they usually are?

Comment

It is stock Joe.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Originally posted by HammondA100 View Post
              Can you send me a photo of the engine?? I am looking for a 2nd Stude now - was looking for a Wagon but this may be something to consider. THX!
              Ches, like the post states the engine and trans are out of the car, when I got the car a few years ago it did not have the right engine in it the past owner had a new R-2 short block installed and car was set up as a R-2 with 4 Bld and not the enclosed 2 bld, I have since used that engine for something else but do have an engine from a 58 GH and one from a 57 GH but either one would need to be rebuilt, when I go the 58 engine it came with the title and vin tag from the 58 and it was also a power seat and power window car so this car could be put back together as either a 57 or a 58 with the 58 a more rare car so bottom line there really is no picture of the engine but I do have every thing for either engine with all the supercharger parts .
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Working...
              X