Fun-Filled 347 Mile Jaunt To The Indi Chapter Meeting Today, In A GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun-Filled 347 Mile Jaunt To The Indi Chapter Meeting Today, In A GT

My two sons and I left home in Radcliff, Kentucky this morning at 10 AM, and arrived at Greenfield, Indiana at 1:05 PM, just in time to get in line for 1 PM chow. We had stopped at KFC for a bucket of chicken to bring to the pot luck, but still arrived pretty much on time. While there, we had lots of fun fellow-shipping with the spirited Indi Chapter folks, ate a hearty lunch, then attended a fun auction, on site there at SI.

The car (62 GT) got 20.5 MPG, with the cruise control set on 72 MPH while on the interstate, which was about 80 per cent of the trip. We arrived home shortly after 7 PM, and are thankful for a safe trip, and a wonderful time with the Indi Chapter.

I mention the Indi Chapter as if they were strangers, but actually consider myself and a few other Kentucky Stude folks as their "Southern Annex"; we just don't get up that way often enough, so they almost think we are visitors when we do come up

'Glad you enjoyed yourselves, Joe, but I don't know anyone in The Indy Chapter who considers "you all" visitors or strangers!

Nonetheless, you guys don't get up here often enough, and we miss the times you don't! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I stayed home all day, and barely left my chair
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

It was nice seeing you at the meeting Sunday, Joe. It's been quite a while since I last saw you. I also enjoyed meeting your two sons. I'm the guy that sat across from Kenny! I hope to see you all again soon!
        Tom
        1960 Lark VIII
        1962 Lark Cruiser
        1964 Cruiser

Comment

I enjoyed meeting everybody too and brought home one of those truck 3 spd with od bought from Joe.

His hawk is one impressive ride with 300K plus miles on it!
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
          X