Golden hawk 400 show car value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden hawk 400 show car value

Oh ok. I just know that Nollie had a GH 400 up until a short time ago, and it needed restoration. I hope you restore yours as good as new. A 400 deserves to be restored, especially one of the original show cars. Good luck with it.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Oh ok. I just know that Nollie had a GH 400 up until a short time ago, and it needed restoration. I hope you restore yours as good as new. A 400 deserves to be restored, especially one of the original show cars. Good luck with it.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Golden hawk 400 show car value

I am lucky enough to own golden hawk 400 sn 6102850 factory order number 45501. This is number 8 of the 10 show cars. It is in need of restoration. I need some advice on what the price of my unrestored car is worth vs what it would be worth finished #1 or high #2. I got the order sheet sent to me and It is really neat with an extra page of instructions to have special trim 21 pkg, power windows,pwr seats and so on with many things supplied by engineering.
      My car needs total restoration but is not a basket case, just lots of work. Any more info or perspectives is gladly requested. Thanks

Comment

I don't know much about value, but I'm just curious, is this Nollie Hinton's old car?

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I don't know much about value, but I'm just curious, is this Nollie Hinton's old car?

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The amount of time and money you will spend doing a #1 restoration as opposed to a "high #2" might be the deal breaker--unless you can do MOST of the work yourself, no Studebaker--even something as rare and cool as a GH 400 will be worth what you have in it--you could EASILY spend $30,000 on a #1 restoration, maybe A LOT more. I mean, a really nice show quality paint job is TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS these days! And have you priced having all of your chrome redone? And all of that LEATHER? You could have 20 grand in paint, interior and chrome ALONE--before you do ANYTHING mechanical!

What would it be worth? I dunno, maybe 20-25K as a solid #2 and ten grand more for a #1. Maybe more on the right day to the right buyer on ebay?

Comment

The amount of time and money you will spend doing a #1 restoration as opposed to a "high #2" might be the deal breaker--unless you can do MOST of the work yourself, no Studebaker--even something as rare and cool as a GH 400 will be worth what you have in it--you could EASILY spend $30,000 on a #1 restoration, maybe A LOT more. I mean, a really nice show quality paint job is TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS these days! And have you priced having all of your chrome redone? And all of that LEATHER? You could have 20 grand in paint, interior and chrome ALONE--before you do ANYTHING mechanical!

What would it be worth? I dunno, maybe 20-25K as a solid #2 and ten grand more for a #1. Maybe more on the right day to the right buyer on ebay?

Comment

I got the car in murfreesboro over 20 years ago and did not know what I had until I noticed the white grille scoops, padded dash, pwr windows and sent in the sn for build sheet and man was I surprised. I don't know nollie.

Comment

I got the car in murfreesboro over 20 years ago and did not know what I had until I noticed the white grille scoops, padded dash, pwr windows and sent in the sn for build sheet and man was I surprised. I don't know nollie.

Comment

I sold the "Dirty Bird" 57 Golden Hawk on ebay about 8 years ago for 25K, but I was 22K in the car with maybe 600-1000 hours of labor. She just resold last year for 37K, so a 400 done right could be in the 40-50K range. here's the Dirty Bird:

JDP/Maryland
                    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                    64 GT R2
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    52 & 53 Starliner
                    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I sold the "Dirty Bird" 57 Golden Hawk on ebay about 8 years ago for 25K, but I was 22K in the car with maybe 600-1000 hours of labor. She just resold last year for 37K, so a 400 done right could be in the 40-50K range. here's the Dirty Bird:

JDP/Maryland
                      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                      64 GT R2
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      52 & 53 Starliner
                      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The time germlins have jacked this thread all up, now haven't they?

I hate that!!!

OPPS!!! I forgot to mention-
                        According to some folks here~ your Hawk is worth more then all six of mine put together. And I suppose they might be right~ it's one rare bird!!! Any other comments would only get me into trouble... [:0] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                        V/P San Diego County SDC
                        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

edited to include what I left out the first time 'round... [V]
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

The time germlins have jacked this thread all up, now haven't they?

I hate that!!!

OPPS!!! I forgot to mention-
                          According to some folks here~ your Hawk is worth more then all six of mine put together. And I suppose they might be right~ it's one rare bird!!! Any other comments would only get me into trouble... [:0] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                          V/P San Diego County SDC
                          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                          '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                          '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

edited to include what I left out the first time 'round... [V]
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by super1hawk

I am lucky enough to own golden hawk 400 sn 6102850 factory order number 45501. This is number 8 of the 10 show cars. It is in need of restoration. I need some advice on what the price of my unrestored car is worth vs what it would be worth finished #1 or high #2. I got the order sheet sent to me and It is really neat with an extra page of instructions to have special trim 21 pkg, power windows,pwr seats and so on with many things supplied by engineering.
                            My car needs total restoration but is not a basket case, just lots of work. Any more info or perspectives is gladly requested. Thanks
                            That is definitely a car worth restoring, especially since its a documented as a 'show car' 400.

I posted this previously, but here it is again.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by super1hawk

That is definitely a car worth restoring, especially since its a documented as a 'show car' 400.

I posted this previously, but here it is again.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X