1951 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Champion

Can someone help direct me on where I should send my tachometer/speedometer from my 1951 Champion to be rebuilt?

EMEIS Automotive, 218 Iowa Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, Tel 563.326.0171.
    There are a couple of others (1 in So Cal), you should be able to find them on the internet. Expect to pay close to $500. and a fairly long wait. One problem you might find is they may not get the calibration quite right. Unless you have some special reason to keep your original speedo you might want to consider a replacement from one of our Stude dealers. Good luck.

Comment

dong ?

Really ???

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
        dong ? Really ???
        As in Don Gower.
        Some folks are just born lucky.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Now that's funny!

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by thurms View Post
            Can someone help direct me on where I should send my tachometer/speedometer from my 1951 Champion to be rebuilt?
            Does a 1951 Champion have a stock tach? Even as a factory option? I'm pretty sure that they weren't available for 1950.

I tried to find an aftermarket tach that would fit in the clock hole for my 1950, but I never found one (analog, anyway) that I thought would fit. Has anyone integrated a tach into the dash on a 1950, instead of just mounting it high or low with a bracket?
            Last edited by Lothar; 02-20-2013, 07:13 PM. Reason: I had another thought and a question.
            John
            1950 Champion
            W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
            Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
              Does a 1951 Champion have a stock tach? Even as a factory option?
              No they did not. Thurms was probably thinking about the odometer and everyone was too nice to correct him.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Does a 1951 Champion have a stock tach? Even as a factory option? I'm pretty sure that they weren't available for 1950.

I tried to find an aftermarket tach that would fit in the clock hole for my 1950, but I never found one (analog, anyway) that I thought would fit. Has anyone integrated a tach into the dash on a 1950, instead of just mounting it high or low with a bracket?
                This is what I was kicking around as well... I'd rather have a tach that fits the dash hole than a clock anyway
                sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                Regal Deluxe Trim
                Automatic transmission
                46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Yeah - time's irrelevant when you're driving your Studebaker!
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                    Yeah - time's irrelevant when you're driving your Studebaker!
                    True enough, Bob. In my case, the clock itself is irrelevant as well, since it doesn't work.
                    John
                    1950 Champion
                    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                    Holdrege NE

Comment

Has anyone integrated a tach into the dash on a 1950, instead of just mounting it high or low with a bracket?
                      I bought the clock and have a tach to fit it. (electronic version) The clock and bezel has been installed but I have yet to remove the clock and replace it with the tach. Waiting to get a round tuit.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                      X