Windshield Part Number request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Part Number request

Will a 57 Studebaker sedan windshield fit a 58 President 2 door hard top? Have the chance to purchase a new "used" windshield out of a 57 sedan and want to be sure it will fit my 58 2 door hard top. Can't find my parts CD and was hoping someone would look it up for me. Thanks Jim R
    Jim Rostron

Yes, it will fvit your 58 hardtop.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by mnmfive View Post
      Will a 57 Studebaker sedan windshield fit a 58 President 2 door hard top? Have the chance to purchase a new "used" windshield out of a 57 sedan and want to be sure it will fit my 58 2 door hard top. Can't find my parts CD and was hoping someone would look it up for me. Thanks Jim R
      It would be nice to be absolutely sure by checking the parts numbers. Once I get it home it will be too late
      Jim Rostron

Comment

Originally posted by mnmfive View Post
        It would be nice to be absolutely sure by checking the parts numbers. Once I get it home it will be too late
        if Mr. K says it will fit - it will fit.
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
          if Mr. K says it will fit - it will fit.
          DITTO!
          Yes it will, as long as we are talking about the Front Glass not the backlight, sometimes mis-named "Windshield".
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            DITTO!
            Yes it will, as long as we are talking about the Front Glass not the backlight, sometimes mis-named "Windshield".
            Well, looks like I'm going for a windshield tomorrow. Thank you very much guys!
            Jim Rostron

Comment

Jim I would think this would have to be one REALLY perfect Windshield before you would spend $100.00 for a new seal and another 125.00 + to R&R it, plus the Windshield and transportation cost to get it for a Car as extra NICE as your Hardtop is.

I also prefer old stock to new Mfg. but they are REALLY hard to find without sand pits, wiper marks or worse.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

While I WAS certain it was a good swap, being it's a hardtop (your car) I did refer to the parts book before I spoke up. That I didn't quote the part number is because I didn't think it would help you in and of itself.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                X