Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the archives #113 (Cab over engine removal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #113 (Cab over engine removal)

Click image for larger version

Name:	cab over engine removal copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1738073

I noted some discussion re the cab over trucks. Thought this photo may be of interest since it shows the ease of engine removal. Incidentally what kind of engine is that?
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Waukesha 6BK or 6BM.

Terry

Comment

Seems to me I remember this photo and the Hill Holder photo in 1980's TW article on the COE trucks.....

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21368[/ATTACH]

I noted some discussion re the cab over trucks. Thought this photo may be of interest since it shows the ease of engine removal. Incidentally what kind of engine is that?
        Well,......Ease of engine removal after the bumper, supports, grille, brackets, radiator, core support, fan assy, wiring etc. are removed! And the vehicle in picture is new.....Picture a 'real world' truck with it's
        fasteners covered in dirt, grease, rust, accident damage, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21368[/ATTACH]

Hercules. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Hercules. BP
            No, not 'Hercules'......(there's a hoist holding up that engine Bob!)

Comment

How does one get the engine in and out with an overhead hoist with the cab in the way?

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                How does one get the engine in and out with an overhead hoist with the cab in the way?
                VERRRRRRRY carefully, Matt. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think that the engine would slide out on rails, but the weight of the block would break that system if no chain was added; so the engine was probably hooked about half way out of the front.
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Matt,you beat me on that "still scratching my head"
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                      Matt,you beat me on that "still scratching my head"
                      Maybe BP was right,.............That man really is 'HERCULES' !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X