Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Source for wheels

Hi,
    I would like to get chrome wheels in 15 x 7 with 5 on 4-1/2 bolt pattern that have the nominal 10" diameter bumps to hold Studebaker dog dish hubcaps. Anyone know where I could get wheels like this?
    Thanks
    Norm

Summit Racing has the chrome smoothie wheels,but I don't think any modern wheels have the bumps for the 'Stude dog dishes.There's been a lot of discussion about this in the past. BTW,I tried to put their 15x7 's on my Hawk,and they didn't have enought back spacing-so I went with the 15x6.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Supposedly that 'bump' diameter is the same on the AMC Ramblers ca. 1978 down...........although 15 inchers were rather rare even on the Matador/Ambassador since they were usually for fleet use only as in police cars.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Sound like you need to take 5 of the original 15" wheels in and have them chrome plated but will still not be 7"
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

The "normal" work-around method for using Stude' caps on non Stude' wheels is to use Stude' truck style retainers on the new wheel. This requires machining (or drilling and filing a slot) slots for the four or five retainers - A lot of work, but it has been done by several owners (I believe SI stocks the retainers).

Paul TK

Comment

Working...
          X