Source for distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: Source for distributor

Well I finnaly got into the distributor to see why the Tach sending unit was causing the rotor to hit the post in the Dist. cap, and found that the saft is bent in the Dist.

Looks like I'm going to need a new one.

It is a 1110864 Delco. for a 289 in my ,57 Hawk.

Does anybody know where I can souce a replacement? I've got SDI looking, but it doesn't look promising.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Hello Doug

Have a look at the Studebaker Swap page http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

For Sale Studebaker parts Check out these items Ed Jones

Beachwood N.J.
    732 600 3710
    Delco V-8 dist used 1110864 75.

Ad Number: 9098
    Date Added: 2012-05-02

Maybe this distributor is still available, the ad is still active.

Good luck.
    sigpic

Comment

Barry Hackney has some at 281-787-6230. He has the dual point ones also.

Comment

Also check with Bud Alenik in Los Angeles. You can contact him via his Forum Profile.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Barry to the rescue! Yes he had one. Its in the post.

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it.

Now how do you suppose the dang shaft got bent? Thats a new one on me.

Doug

Comment

The Studebaker V-8 distributors I have found that were bent were the result of a front end collision where the distributor hit the firewall, if only for a moment, at the time of impact.
            Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 02-14-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
              The Studebaker V-8 distributors I have found that were bent were the result of a front end collision where the distributor hit the firewall, if only for a moment, at the time of impact.
              Thats one way i suppose, but this car shows no impact damage anywhere, and its the original engine. Mmmm, I wonder if the motor was pulled at some point, and it was done re-installing the engine?

Comment

I think I've got it. when they replaced the tranny with the T-10 4 speed they probably ( accedentally) let the engine drop against the firewall. That would do it. It makes sence that way.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                X