X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentines day (eye) candy

On the fence on that second one. Hope its a Stude
    Attached Files

'Not sure on the second one myself, Rich. Might be a Hudson or ??? Could be a Stude, I suppose.

The first one, though, running I/G: I/G? Man, that must have a small engine in it; I didn't know they had a class as "low" as I/G! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Judging by the shape of the back of the body and the headlight rings, I think #2 is a Champion.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I/Gas in the 60s and early 70s was for flathead V-8s and inline 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines. I think the weight break was around 12 pounds per cubic inch. Car says Ford Powered, maybe a Ford Flatty V-8
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
          I/Gas in the 60s and early 70s was for flathead V-8s and inline 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines. I think the weight break was around 12 pounds per cubic inch. Car says Ford Powered, maybe a Ford Flatty V-8
          Interesting, Pat; thanks.
          Another good choice for that might have also been the "new" 1952 and up Ford OHV six. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The second one seems to have a flip forward front clip. The seams are are all filled so it becomes a solid one piece item. I guess it could be a fiberglass item, but that long ago I would have thought that would have had to be a custom one off piece.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The second one appears to be a '41 Champion Club Sedan.
              ~Matt Connor
              '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Trust me the 2nd one is a '39 or '40 Champion. The hood however is formed more like the '41.

Photo below, my first '40 in front my brothers in the back c1963.

Click image for larger version

Name:	my 40 champ amd pats labeled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1679012
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
                X