Hey Clark! - they even made commercials for us at the bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Clark! - they even made commercials for us at the bottom

Yeah, just include the Video in your eBay Ad to get rid of those plain Jane things, Lol!

I really can't believe all the Fanfare about a stripper!

I wonder if this could be your Car Clark?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Ol' Swayze had a voice that could cut like a diamond saw. BTW - what WAS the price on a V8 Standard?
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Yeah, just include the Video in your eBay Ad to get rid of those plain Jane things, Lol!

I really can't believe all the Fanfare about a stripper!

I wonder if this could be your Car Clark?
        No Rich it is mine . one fine car for the price mine cost $1700 when new with a 259 and 3 speed no over drive but as it stand now 289 R-1 4 speed, 373 TT, buckets, traction bars and rear sway bar, also a 65 dash the standard dash was not much to start with.

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

The "acting" is execrable.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Always admired the "stripped down" Larks, hard to find one today.
            I suppose they had a hard life as fleet vehicles mostly.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Invasion of the Plastic People! And you have to imagine the viewing audience's reaction when they pulled back that curtain and the horns sounded to reveal... an even plainer Lark than they were used to. ROFL!!!

Mine was almost as plain as yours, Bob, except it was delivered to downtown San Francisco, so it came with 1 (one) option - the Flight-O-Matic!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                Ol' Swayze had a voice that could cut like a diamond saw. BTW - what WAS the price on a V8 Standard?
                Direct from the desk of Bob Cline, Sales Manager at Indianapolis' Childers Studebaker, Bob:

(Yeah, I'll take a dozen of those $1,874 V8 2-doors myself, even if I have to pay full list!) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob P., my wife just observed that I paid twice the MSRP for my Standard, but I countered by noting that it took 40 years to appreciate to that level

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                    Bob P., my wife just observed that I paid twice the MSRP for my Standard, but I countered by noting that it took 40 years to appreciate to that level
                    You let your wife access the SDC Forum?
                    Where are you able to buy life insurance with such an incredibly-high risk factor? BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

With all due respect, guys, I think I'd rather pay the other $96 and get a Regal from Snider Auto Service with dual-chamber master cylinder and a higher level of trim and a real glove box with vanity and a right-hand sun visor and cigarette lighter and....well, you get the idea....

Sorry there's no date on the above piece, but it was obviously early spring/late winter 1963. BP
                      Last edited by BobPalma; 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

And, um, a HEATER! I know it's a toss up between a cigarette lighter and a heater, but being Indianapolis, a heater's pretty noticeable if missing.

I am a bit surprised to see that they didn't spell any better back then than most do now. Even if it was likely a salesman that typed this up
                        And yes, I am one of THOSE guys. I just keep it to myself

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                          Mine cost me $200.00 in 1989 same engine in then as now but owner did a replacement engine in 1974 and standard surplus sent him an R-1 when he ordered a 289 he didn't know the difference and put it in with his 2bld and single exhaust. I added the other items even an R-3 air box for a cold air supply.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
                            And, um, a HEATER! I know it's a toss up between a cigarette lighter and a heater, but being Indianapolis, a heater's pretty noticeable if missing.

I am a bit surprised to see that they didn't spell any better back then than most do now. Even if it was likely a salesman that typed this up
                            And yes, I am one of THOSE guys. I just keep it to myself
                            Leo, it looks like they both had a heater at the price(s) quoted, so that's a match. (It is worth noting that a heater/defroster was optional on Standards, unlike the smaller heater/defroster that had been standard on Scotsmans only five years earlier.)

Snider was thus offering quite a discount for the new Standard. With an MSRP of $1,756 (post #8) and Climatizer at $79.95 (my 1963 Option Price list I have here), that would have brought the MSRP to $1,835.95 with heater, plus freight to Indianapolis from South Bend.

They were offering it for $1,690.28 FOB Indianapolis, so ole' Virgil Snider wasn't getting rich on anybody who took them up on it! BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              Leo, it looks like they both had a heater at the price(s) quoted, so that's a match. (It is worth noting that a heater/defroster was optional on Standards, unlike the smaller heater/defroster that had been standard on Scotsmans only five years earlier.)
                              Also note one got opening rear windows on a Standard two door, unlike the Scotsman two door. Interestingly, that gal in the video has her arm resting on the top of the interior panel. Every '63 Lark two door I've seen, the rear windows don't quite go down all the way.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X