My new 62 Convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new 62 Convert

Just picked up my new 62 Lark Convertible. I'm so stoked. Here are a couple more pix of the chrome after a few minutes of buffing. WOW. I'm so excited about what this will look like after an hour of official "Lark Shine"

Last edited by sals54; 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM.
    sals54

Congrats Sal! That car would look good setting next to my 62 Hardtop. Now we need more pics!
    sigpic

1962 Daytona
    1964 Cruiser
    And a few others

Comment

More pix tomorrow. Too dark now that Im home. Im really excited about it though. It has a 6 with a 3 speed, but no overdrive. I happen to think that a 289 4 speed would be pretty cool in this one.
      sals54

Comment

Nice find! Adding a V8 would be nice but perhaps put a 3 speed with OD behind it.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

That's great! It is always cool to get a new car. Especially a Studebaker convertible!
          1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

So it IS a '62 Lark Regal (Bench Seat) 6 Cyl. Convertible then?
            Apparently Milaca knows it's a 6 from a former post.

The rust free (or almost) like that are worth their weight in GOLD, especially Converts.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
              Nice find! Adding a V8 would be nice but perhaps put a 3 speed with OD behind it.
              You could be right about that V8 3 speed OD instead of the 4 speed. I can row the gears and still get a nice cruising freeway speed.
              And I could stick a Hurst shifter on it with a 4 speed knob. Only the most discerning eye would know.
              sals54

Comment

Cute. Amazing what is still floating around in dry climates, waiting to be discovered. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very nice, the body appears straight and solid.

You can't beat So. California cars, except perhaps those that were close to the ocean.

Post some more pics when you get a chance.
                  Dan Peterson
                  Montpelier, VT
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
                    Very nice, the body appears straight and solid.

You can't beat So. California cars, except perhaps those that were close to the ocean.

Post some more pics when you get a chance.
                    Arizona/Nevada/New Mexico cars from the warm/low rainfall areas tend to be nice too............although they tend to suffer sunburn which can lead to rust--------yet the undercarriages are clean as a whistle.
                    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                      You could be right about that V8 3 speed OD instead of the 4 speed. I can row the gears and still get a nice cruising freeway speed.
                      And I could stick a Hurst shifter on it with a 4 speed knob. Only the most discerning eye would know.
                      or you could put a 5speed in it and have your cake and eat it too, and now that Porsche and Corvette have 7 speed manuals the 5 speed will almost be in `retro`territory. cool vert, and a v-8 will make nice music from the duals to accompany top-down motoring. cheers, Junior.
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Nice catch there Sal!
                        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                        64 Zip Van
                        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

If you are going to stay with the six I have a 3sp overdrive out of a 58 sliver hawk.

Comment

Congratulations on your new Lark! I'm sure you'll "Love That Lark"
                            Had a red 1962 Lark Daytona with a white convertible top in the 1970's V8 automatic.
                            Had a lot of fun in that Lark.
                            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I added these pix at the top, but just in case, here they are again.
                              Here are a couple spots with a little buffing.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X