Green Interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Interiors

My 1964 Commander has the remains on it's green interior. Anyone have any pictures of '64-'66 sedan interiors in green?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Here is the Daytona Cloth & Vinyl Seat that matches the '64 light, Horizon Green Paint. Sorry I don't have the whole Interior, but that cloth that looks Gray is actually quite Green.
    I guess it is not much help because Commanders were lower level material and different design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1678925 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0113.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1678926 It is old, original, faded and torn.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-05-2013, 11:29 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe there are boatloads of the 64' green material @ Starlight/Phantom....etc...

Comment

Brad Kutchen (sp?) used to have sets, or at least quite a few pieces of green vinyl '64 Cruiser seat covers, the ones with the 4 inch wide pleats.

Comment

My car seems to have two or three greens. The seats and carpet are dark green. The dash pad seems to be a medium green and the side panels are a light green. I guess I may have to get the build sheet. I'm wondering if the seats were recovered.
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

If it looks like the pattern you see on all the other SDC Show Cars it is probably original. All of the '64 Interiors had several shades of Blue, Red, Green, Black or Brown.
            The Steering Wheel is one shade, the Column is another, the dash, the seats and 2 sections of the Door Panels all seem to not quite Match, then there is the various shades of carpet.

They all blend fine and do not seem offensive at all, it's just the way they are from different vendors Tom.
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

According to the 64 Paint andd Upholstery book, there was really only one color of green upholstery for 1964. The Hawk and Cruiser could be ordered with all vinyl or a combination of vinyl with "metallic weave" (green nylon thread with contrasting silver threads) inserts. And the Cruiser (only) was also available with all broadcloth. The broadcloth is a little lighter shade, but they're all kinda a medium green. The carpets are a much darker green, and the door panels were a combination of medium and dark green.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

That IS true. Just about ALL years had only one Interior Shade available in each Color, but I was trying to say that none of the pieces actually MATCH dead on.
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I might try to get a better match on the seats vs the trim panels. With it being a Commander, it's all vinyl.
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Here are some shots of a car that is FS in Minnesota.

Comment

Now that looks nice...
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Coincidentally my name is also Tom and I own a '64 Commander with a green interior and a white exterior. I noticed the white steering wheel in the photos of the interior-that would indicate a Canadian-built car as I recall which mine is also.

Question-a previous owner had painted the dashboard grey and it is coming off in spots. What's the best way to remove this very old paint from the dash and reveal the original green?

Comment

I can't answer your question, but I will say my Commander is also Canadian built and has a solid green steering wheel. Like yours, it's white with a green interior.
                          Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Here's from an older Bob Palma posting...

BobPalma05-13-2010, 01:37 PM
                            We're all familiar with the easiest way to tell a South Bend-built 1964 "Lark" from a Hamilton-built unit; the Hamilton ones have solid white steering wheels, unlike the colored (or two-tone) ones from South Bend. Fair enough.

So the June 2010 Cars & Parts arrives today and I am drawn to the Driver Report of a 1959 Edsel Corsair 4-door, a reportedly 24,800-mile original car and one of only 394 Corsair 4-door sedans manufactured in the Oakville, Ontario, assembly plant.

This one is even more unusual in that it has the 361 engine with a manual three-speed transmission on the column, a combination not offered in The United States. (Perhaps Ford didn't want to go to all the trouble of having that combination EPA-certified when so few would be ordered?)

Anyway, the text notes the car's all-white steering wheel and steering column and states, "All Canadian Edsels came with a white steering wheel and column, regardless of interior color."

Did the Canadian government underwrite the cost of developing a white resin and there was subsequently a secret facility somewhere to use up all the material by manufacturing white steering wheels exclusively?[:0]

(And, yes, I am seeing if anyone notes an error of fact in this post.) [8D]BP

Comment

Maybe the fact the EPA didn't exist till 1970?
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948
                              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X