seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seats

I'am getting ready to take the hawk seats to be recovered. I cant decide between me three choises. Stay stock, go white, or change to black. The red is stock, The white is as a 77 grand Prix that I bought new and always thought it looked sharp. Or change everything over to black. Looking for some feed back here. Steve

I vote for red.

Comment

I almost went white for my Hawk, then my boss talked me out of it. He pointed out that he had an Eldorodo with a white interior and how much of a pain it was to keep it clean. I know white would be cooler, especially if you don't have AC. But then again, without AC your windows will be open as will your vents and you'll have more dirt coming in the car. JMOP
      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
      J.D.

Comment

I could never keep anything white for longer than five minutes....
        Jeff
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

My first GT was white with blue Int. the 2nd was red/red. the current one came white with black. I liked all of them but when we re-did #3 we went with black vinyl and Charcoal cloth inserts. I like that combo best of all.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

It looks as the car is Black?, right?, if so my vote is red. Course it's gotta make YOU happy in the end.

Comment

I like the black, then red as a second choice. As dirty as I get, white would be black in no time.
              Black would be hot in the summer, however.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                I'am getting ready to take the hawk seats to be recovered. I cant decide between me three choises. Stay stock, go white, or change to black. The red is stock, The white is as a 77 grand Prix that I bought new and always thought it looked sharp. Or change everything over to black. Looking for some feed back here. Steve
                Definitely go with white....and stay with the red carpeting........OUTSTANDING!!!!

Comment

If the outside will be red, go black inside. If the outside is black, go red inside. Not a fan of white in any case.

Comment

I like the original red vinyl that Studebaker used. When I had my '63 Hawk redone, I was unable to find any aftermarket red vinyl that came close to looking as good as the original so I bought OEM Studebaker vinyl from SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon and have been very pleased with the results. SMS offers die-electric heat pleating as original for the inserts and door panels if interested. Good luck with whatever you decide.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I know what your talking about, I had a 1976 Grand Prix with a white interior and it did look sharp. My 64 GT has a white interior and it really stands out. It came with a blue interior with strato blue exterior. Even black is going to show dust.

Mark

Comment

I have completly white interior in the 66 Daytona. It looks sharp with the maroon paint and white top. It's a bear to keep clean.
                        If you did white seats with out doing the door panels, I think it would look strange.
                        Red interior in a black car is always a great compination......classicly perfect in any car.
                        Black interior in a black car just lays there. No contrast, nothing to catch the eye, and the door panels would need to be black also.
                        There, I vote to stay red, but the decision is still yours. Good luck
                        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                        1950 Champion Convertible
                        1950 Champion 4Dr
                        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Put me in the "stick with red" camp.
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Stay with RED, RED, RED for sure!

Craig

Comment

The car is or was red and it will stay red. The white on red dosen't look out of place as you would think. I did have to clean the seats on my GP every week sometimes twice to keep them clean and they where leather inserts. Not real sure if I want to go back to that. Black can get hot but looks good with red. If I stay with the red or white the door panels can be reused. The pictures I just pulled off the internet to show the differences. If my seats where as good as any of these I would leave them alone.
                              Last edited by swvalcon; 02-03-2013, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X