PDA

View Full Version : #1 grandson wants to change the color of his GT interior

candbstudebakers
02-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Many of you know my #1 grandson Clayton but since he is my only real grandson he should be my #1 and he is my first grandchild, any way since he now owns a 62 GT hawk with 289, 4 bld. carb, auto, power steering and power brakes to go along with the TT 331 rear end he wants to change his interior from black to red, so with him knowing what I have in the shop he said when can I get the red interior? He lives 120 miles one way from me so I said since I am coming to your house tomorrow I will bring everything with me just have the black out and ready for me to take back to the shop, he then said as long as your coming bring me a different gas tank. Guess what I did all day? thats right get the tank ready and clean the interior, now loaded and ready to head out at 7:00 AM tomorrow, sure nice to be able to take care of his needs, take a look at what he gets.

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/SAM_0044_zps0c044467.jpg

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/SAM_0042_zpsab8b15cf.jpg

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/SAM_0040_zps52c165a6.jpg

He also get the original door panels and arm rest every thing is from a 64 GT.

BobPalma
02-02-2013, 09:21 PM
That stuff looks nice, Bob; he should be a Happy Camper. :!: BP

57pack
02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Can I be your grandson?

StudeRich
02-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Next, you are going to have us believe those are Original I suppose Bob!
Maybe the skins are, but the complete Seats, next to impossible, those are REALLY nice, lucky Guy!

Studedude
02-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I respect and appreciate what you are doing for Clayton!

But, I have to ask...

Is there such a thing as an unreal child/grandchild?

Andy R.
02-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Yeah, but now you have to wear this:

http://rlv.zcache.com/1_grandpa_hat-p148455147379147027en80o_216.jpg

Pat Dilling
02-02-2013, 10:41 PM
What a lucky kid! Not just to get that neat stuff, but more important to have such a loving Grand Pa!

candbstudebakers
02-03-2013, 12:55 AM
I respect and appreciate what you are doing for Clayton!

But, I have to ask...

Is there such a thing as an unreal child/grandchild?

Ya I have a pair of step grandsons both a couple of knuckle heads.

candbstudebakers
02-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Next, you are going to have us believe those are Original I suppose Bob!
Maybe the skins are, but the complete Seats, next to impossible, those are REALLY nice, lucky Guy!

Yes Rich I believe they are original, they came from a 64 GT that had been put in storage for a long time and when the owner moved out of the country he had to get let the car go, it had been body worked with bondo to cover the rot problems so it was parted and lots of things have made their way to other cars, frame went east on one of my trips, seats have been in my shop for about 7 years, I offered them to one of the forum member that picked up a 64 and needed full interior but the caso that he is he turned them down when I told him $700.00 for everything, glad he did now, they will look good in Clayton's GT he wants to paint it white, it is original silver.

swvalcon
02-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Caso or not at $700 for those seats with the frames is a swinging deal. Thats not a caso thats just plain stupid.I just paid $1500 to have the front and rear seat on a roadrunner recovered. I would gladly give you that for them. I'am just getting ready to drop mine off to have them redone.

Effie
02-03-2013, 08:51 AM
The red interior will look good in the silver, even if he doesn't go white. Are the black seats you're getting in exchange in the same condition?

candbstudebakers
02-03-2013, 09:03 AM
The red interior will look good in the silver, even if he doesn't go white. Are the black seats you're getting in exchange in the same condition?

The seats I am getting back are nice but I think they have been redone and not original, I do have other rear seats, PM me if you want to talk about something....Bob 510-266-2522

JoeHall
02-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Is he the same grandson who wants the grill you pulled off fleabay ?

rockinhawk
02-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Grandsons are the coolest people in the world! except maybe for Grandaughters.

I took my #1 Grandson with me almost everywhere I went from the time he was about 6 untill he got old enough to drive legally. Then I guess it wasn't cool to be seen hangin' out with Grandpa.
Now I have #3 with me when I can but He spends a lot of time with his Dad too.
I never got to spend as much time with #2 as I wanted. Zack has another Grandpa with a big Farm, a Dad that hunts a lot. And a pretty cool stepdad. So I have to share him.

candbstudebakers
02-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Is he the same grandson who wants the grill you pulled off fleabay ?

Yes it is Joe, it is the grille that came out of his car after he change to the early smaller style 56-61 he likes that better so figured that might not last so better keep the original. the red seats went to his house today and the black ones came back with me , we spent the better part of the day figuring out a gas problem, I took along another tank but looking inside of his it is super clean so went to an electric fuel pump but still a problem, so opened both ends of the line and put the compressor to the line and then to the outlet of the tank, worked good and ran with out a problem but told him it might come back and if it does we might need to change the steel line but keeping our fingers crossed.