Vendor from South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Vendor from South Bend

There was a vendor at the South Bend IM who was selling adhesives. They were sold in kits for gluing different types of materials and there was an adhesive remover in one of the kits. I think he lived close to South Bend. He had a great big old cash register (I think it was) in his booth. If anyone remembers this vendor and knows how I can get in touch with him, please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Don
    don

I wasn't in South Bend. What kind of adhesive are you trying to remove? I had some duct tape adhesive on a surface & had to clean it off. I bought some 3M "specialty adhesive remover" from a local jobber (part# 38987) that came in a spray can. The jobber said it's also available in quarts. Maybe this will help.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

What Warren said. I believe the product, when sold in quarts, is known as 3M General-Purpose Adhesive Cleaner.

It is P/N 08984 in non-aerosol quarts. I have a quart in front of me and use it all the time. It is excellent. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by GTHawk View Post
        There was a vendor at the South Bend IM who was selling adhesives. They were sold in kits for gluing different types of materials and there was an adhesive remover in one of the kits. I think he lived close to South Bend. He had a great big old cash register (I think it was) in his booth. If anyone remembers this vendor and knows how I can get in touch with him, please let me know. Thanks. Don
        Not sure if this is the Stude vendor at the SB IM you were thinking of, but Studebaker International does sell "adhesive remover" and adhesives as well: http://www.studebaker-intl.com/PDF/2...log_rubber.pdf

Good Luck!!!

Comment

I remember this guy, but don't know his name and can't find his card. His glues were like super glues. You could glue anything with them. One of them was a joint filler that you could sand down. I liked them but thought they were real expensive. He sold several of them as a kit in a plastic bag for different types of applications.

Allen
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Most automotive paint stores also sell the 3M products, they are a double cartridge and requires a special "caulking gun" and Yes, they are NOT cheap! There is a mixture for just about everything: Panel Bond, 2 part seam sealer, plastic bumper repair, along with flexible plastic repair, self leveling seam sealer, etc.
            None of these are cheap, a ball park price on the panel bond is about $45.00

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
              I remember this guy, but don't know his name and can't find his card. His glues were like super glues. You could glue anything with them. One of them was a joint filler that you could sand down. I liked them but thought they were real expensive. He sold several of them as a kit in a plastic bag for different types of applications.

Allen
              This is the stuff. It was expensive but was better than anything I have ever tried. My wife put is somewhere, Maybe???? Anyway I'm looking for some more.yes it was a kit with four bottles

Don
              don

Comment

I bought some of this stuff at a show years ago. They had deals with several different bottles. Now that I am remembering, I need to order another bottle!
                Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by GTHawk View Post
                  This is the stuff. It was expensive but was better than anything I have ever tried. My wife put is somewhere, Maybe???? Anyway I'm looking for some more.yes it was a kit with four bottles

Don
                  Damn I knew I should have bought that bag of bottles! I remember kicking myself as I walked away from his table on the last day of the International with no more cash in my pocket. I recall it was about $25 or more for those 4 tiny bottles in a ziplock.

Why don't you check with the South Bend Organizing Committee. They would have contact information on this vendor, he purchased that table for a week. I thought I had his card but can't find it.

Allen
                  1964 GT Hawk
                  PSMCDR 2014
                  Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                  PSMCDR 2013
                  Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X