No announcement yet.

Just wanted to share with you guys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to share with you guys....

Hey guys!

I'm pretty excited about whats coming up in my near future! I spent enough time in my teenage years (they are soon ending) on this forum; I thought it fitting to share something special to me. Last Saturday I became engaged to a long time friend of mine, Ashley Honeywell. We've been together exactly a year when I proposed; and have been good friends since before we were grumpy teenagers before that.

Also, don't worry too much guys; she's a artist, and she LOVES old cars. In fact, she wants her own daily driver Studebaker that we shall build together; along with Model T's and other dreams we have conjured up.

(I'd post a picture; but for some reason I'm not allowed to post pictures anymore; not sure why the forum won't let me)
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Congrat's. to you both!
    I am glad to see you back on the Forum. Perhaps you can convince Ashley to chime in as well.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Congrats Dylan!! And it's really great to hear from you. Figure out how to post a picture of the two of you.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Hey Dylan, congratulations!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations, Dylan and Ashley. Best wishes on a long and happy life full of Studebakers. There's nothing like having a supportive wife in your Studebaier dealings.

Comment

Congratulations to you both Dylan, sure to be one of those 70 year marriages we hear about occasionally. Better save for a wagon for all the boss's "Fiancee's" stuff and that of the future kids LOL.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Excellent, Dylan; Cari and I add our congratulations. What wonderful news! May God bless you and yours; Ashley's interest in old -no, make that collector- cars is to be commended.

(If you can send a photo to my e-mail address in Turning Wheels, I'll probably be able to copy and paste it here on the forum for you as another reply to this thread. Give it a try!)

All the best. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Congratulations. I know you have picked out a very special Studebaker to build together.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Great news. Oh, to be young and in love. The only thing better than that is to be old and still madly in love. If you get the right woman (and it sounds like you just may have) it can happen.

I'll testify....
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Congratulations Dylan, I married my teenage sweetheart in 1968. Kissed her again this morning. I hope the best for you in everything you do.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                      Great news. Oh, to be young and in love. The only thing better than that is to be old and still madly in love. If you get the right woman (and it sounds like you just may have) it can happen.

I'll testify....
                      On the 29 th of Dec. Kathy and I had our 50 th, the kids put together one super party for us with about 85 people there, knowing the guest list and following the rsvp's we knew how was coming all except one couple showed up that we were the only ones that didn't know they were coming, Friday night we were all out to dinner and going over the party for the next night when out of the blue in walks Ian and Lisa Mackellar from Australia, like I said every one else knew they were coming except Kathy and I, boy what a surprise ,now that is what I call a real true good friend and what a nice way to end the year. Every thing went like clock work thanks to my 4 children and their family's also my sister in law. 50 years is a long time and now we are starting on the 2nd. 50, hang in there Dylan after the first 25 the rest go by fast.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Congratulations Dylan. If her dad owns Honeywell Corporation, you are set for life!

Comment

Thanks guys! We are definately excited, with the big day in the beginning of September. My blue Lark has been a big part of our lives (As she knew me before I had that even, which at our age is a long time!), so we are getting things wrapped up for another show season, and having it be the "get away" vehicle at the wedding.

As for future projects we would love to do someday (Lord willing we can afford it), along with getting our first house, we want to finish up the model T we are building together; and then she really wants a matching '61 Lark station wagon, just in different colors!

And no, her Dad doesn't own the Honeywell Corp., but for knowing each other as long as we have, we have made a mutual decision that no matter what, we are in this for the long haul

Dylan Wills
                          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Best of luck to you Dylan! From what I know, you are a great person and you deserve great things. Hope to see you and the future Mrs. at an international meet someday. Take care.
                            sigpic
                            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Well, projects may need to be funded slowly, like putting a few dollars into a jar and letting it build up, then doing something with it. The best advice I heard for future financial success is what they call "paying yourself first" meaning that 10% of income is immediately invested say into a savings account from which income producing investments can be purchased over time - then you get what is referred to as "Passive income" that is income for which you held some shares or other investment and received income from them perhaps a couple of times a year.

As Dad said to me (and our situation is different as our share dividends are tax-free - being paid from the after tax income a business has earnt) you buy quality income producing shares and hold them increasing your stake as cash becomes available.

You're only young so start when you can and things will be good for future years.
                              John Clements
                              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X