2006 Avanti II only $995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Avanti II only $995

Did not know they also made bikes. What a deal..... Tell me it's not so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the trademark registration on the name expired without being renewed. I've seen Avanti cigars, Avanti refrigerators, and just about everything else.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Must be a 'transition' model!

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
        I believe the trademark registration on the name expired without being renewed. I've seen Avanti cigars, Avanti refrigerators, and just about everything else.
        I'm not all that sure of trademark law but I believe similar and the same names can be used for dissimilar products. Avanti cigars, fridges, boats, etc., have been around for years. The logo can be trademarked for sure. Maybe it's like the titles of books and movies cannot be trademarked.

Back in the 1980's I worked at an RV dealer and we carried a line of motorhomes from the El Dorado Motor Company. Their top line motor home was the El Dorado and they had other lines called Prelude, Firenza, Starfire and Encore...all names from car lines. They were dissimilar types of vehicles so the names were open for use. It aways struck me as kind of dicey but there were not any legal ramifications.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
        X