PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Flood Studebaker Cars.

effiedude
01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
I was just wondering how many SDC members lost their Studebakers to Sandy'd Floodwaters? I have been keeping and eye on Copart.com and havent seen even One studebaker cross the sales block. Now I know rust free Studes are not the norm on the East Coast. You guys over there (East Coast) Must really love Your cars. (No insurance losses?) So...Any SDC Members lose a Studebaker to Sandy's Floodwaters??

57pack
01-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi Pat, I live in Southern NJ on the Mullica River which is in my back yard.
When Sandy was approaching I drove my Wagonaire up to our Fire House and parked it there, high and dry.
My Packard wagon which I had up on jack stands with wheels and brake drums removed,was in my garage.
At the worst of the storm I had three feet of water in my garage. The backing plates were in the water but the interior stayed dry. Another foot of water and I'd be in trouble!
The folks upstate had it much, much worst.

DEEPNHOCK
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
The Five P's....

Prior Planning Prevents P Poor Performance.....

Good that you did that!

BobPalma
01-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Wow, William; I'd say that was close enough for one day. :eek: 'Glad it was on jack stands, for sure! ;) BP

altair
01-29-2013, 12:04 AM
I was just wondering how many SDC members lost their Studebakers to Sandy'd Floodwaters? I have been keeping and eye on Copart.com and havent seen even One studebaker cross the sales block. Now I know rust free Studes are not the norm on the East Coast. You guys over there (East Coast) Must really love Your cars. (No insurance losses?) So...Any SDC Members lose a Studebaker to Sandy's Floodwaters??

I was wondering if you have any 4 barrel carbs for sale

Pat Dilling
01-29-2013, 12:15 AM
I saw that one of the cars in a recent auction was a restored Hurricane Sandy car. Now I can't recall which auction it was. They obviously worked fast as the car looked very nice. A lot depends on whether it was flooded with Salt or fresh water I think.

LarkTruck
01-29-2013, 06:04 AM
There was a 63 Avanti Sandy victim sold at a NJ Copart sale a month or so ago. Looked like a "driver", I think it was in the 3K range.
JS